Visa Requirements for Virgin Islander Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of United States Virgin Islands
Visa Not Required
107 destinations allow visa-free entry to Virgin Islander citizens.
- Visa-Free30 daysMust arrive and depart via Minsk International Airport.
Exception: traveling to or from Russia requires a visa.
Registration upon arrival for stays longer than 5 days is mandatory.
Visa-free visits to Belovezhskaya Pushcha National Park for up to 3 days.
Visa-free visits to the Grodno and Augustow Canal visa-free zone for up to 5 days.
No transit without a visa under any circumstance.
- Visa-Free6 monthsAnyone with a criminal record (including misdemeanors or alcohol-related driving offenses in the US) may not be able to enter Canada without first obtaining an approval for rehabilitation
Passport Card, NEXUS card, or Enhanced Drivers License valid for Land and Sea Travel
- Visa-Free3 monthsAdmission temporarily refused due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States.
Dual nationals of Israel and the United States who don't have an Israeli passport, including infants, may be required to obtain an Israeli passport in order to leave Israel.
Entry prohibited for any person "who knowingly issues a public call for boycotting Israel".
- Visa-Free180 daysVisitors must obtain a Forma Migratoria Multiple. There is no charge for a tourist FMM for stays of less than 7 days when entering by land. For visitors staying more than 7 days up to 180 days and entering by land the cost is 575 Mexican Pesos. An FMM is required for all visitors entering via air, regardless of length of stay, and the cost is included in the travelers airfare and remitted by the airline.
Passport Card or Enhanced Drivers License valid for Land and Sea Travel
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 20 destinations for passport holders of United States Virgin Islands.
- Visa On Arrival1 monthExtendable for 2 additional months.
Granted free of charge at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal, holding a telephone number, an address in Lebanon, and a non refundable return or circle trip ticket
- Visa On Arrival90 daysU.S. citizens arriving by air may obtain a visa on arrival at Silvio Pettirossi International Airport in Asuncion. This is a multiple entry visa with a validity of up to 10 (ten) years. If entering elsewhere, a visa must be obtained in advance from the embassy or consulate.
Virgin Islander passport allows entry to 17 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 daysVisitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested such pre-visa from the consulates of Angola abroad, are then issued with a visa on arrival at the country's border check points.
For a maximum total stay of 90 days within a one year period.
Besides having printed confirmation that a visa will be issued upon arrival, passengers must: have a return/onward ticket, and have a hotel reservation confirmation.
- eVisa180 dayse-Visa holders must arrive via 26 designated airports
An Indian e-Tourist Visa can only be obtained twice in one calendar year.
$100 fee along with bank surcharge of 2.5%
Confirmation has to be shown at the border where a visa on arrival is issued.
Visitors are fingerprinted.
American citizens are eligible for a ten-year, multiple-entry tourist visa.
American citizens of Pakistani heritage are not eligible for a ten-year, multiple-entry tourist visa, and must apply for a regular visa.
- eVisa28 dayseVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business (allowed stay is 70 days) purposes.
- eVisa3 monthsMay enter using eGate.
International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL) must be paid upon requesting an Electronic Travel Authority. IVL not required for American Samoan citizens.
Holders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Resident Return Visa may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival permitting indefinite stay (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements and obtaining an Electronic Travel Authority prior to departure.
- eVisa30 daysHolders of a visa or entrance stamp of the Emirate of Dubai that is valid for at least 21 days are visa exempt.
Holders of a visa for Qatar that is valid for travel to Oman and valid for at least one month are visa exempt when arriving directly from Qatar.
Iris scan is taken on arrival.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 20 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of United States Virgin Islands.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysIf intending to stay in the Republic of Azerbaijan for more than ten days, the visitor must register at the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan within three days upon arrival in Azerbaijan.
Applicants of Armenian ancestry or with Armenian visas in their passport may not obtain a visa.
Can obtain a 30 days visa on arrival only if arriving on a direct flight of Azerbaijan Airlines from New York City.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at international airports Luangphabang, Pakse, Savannakhet and Vientiane, and at 4 land borders Friendship Bridge,
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through the following entry points — Wattay International Airport and the First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge
Entry points Lalai, Lantui, Meuang mom, Pakxan, and Phoudou are open only to visa holders.
Visa on arrival is extendable up to 60 days.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival90 daysDetermined at the port of entry.
Must apply online at least 2 business days or more prior to travel. As of March 2017, airlines were refusing passengers permission to board flights to Uganda if they did not have a print-out of the document showing that they had successfully applied for an eVisa. Ugandan immigration authorities also may require additional documentation, including proof of a return plane ticket and detailed tour itinerary in Uganda.
International Certificate of Vaccination required.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
27 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of United States Virgin Islands. This requirement may be waived off if Virgin Islander citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa RequiredRegistration mandatory within 24 hours of arrival;
All visitors are fingerprinted on arrival and departure between the ages of 14 and 70.
24-hour visit without a visa when in transit through China (unless arriving in Fuzhou Changle International Airport, Huangshan Tunxi International Airport, Mudanjiang Hailang Airport, Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport and Yanji Chaoyangchuan Airport).
72-hour visit without a visa when in transit through Changsha, Guilin and Harbin.
144-hours visit without a visa when in transit through Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Jieyang, Kunming, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qinhuangdao, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Shijiazhuang, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen and Xi'an.
Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan do count as third countries under the 24, 72 and 144-hours visa-free transit (TWOV) policies.
Visas for U.S. citizens are valid for up to 10 years.
- Visa RequiredIranian visas must be obtained from the Special Interests section of the Embassy of Pakistan, Washington, D.C. or an Iranian embassy all around the world
US visitors are fingerprinted and photographed upon entry.
Independent travelers must be accompanied by an authorized guide at all times.
Tourist visa not required for Kish Island.
- Visa RequiredSome U.S. citizens must obtain an exit stamp at a Residency Office before departing the country.
Some visitors who plan to stay for more than 10 days must also obtain a residency stamp.
Visitors who come as part of a government-sponsored tour, upon presentation of proper paperwork from the government, may receive a visa on arrival at Baghdad International Airport for $80 + 1250 Iraqi dinar. Visitors are not required to obtain any other permits, including for Iraqi Kurdistan, or submit blood tests.
- Visa Required72-hour visa-free for international cruise ship/ferry passengers only if travelling with an organized tour and accompanied at all times by a tour operator.
Registration required after 7 business days.
American citizens may receive multiple entry visas valid for three years.
Disagreements between United States Virgin Islands and 1 destination have imposed restrictions in traveling to United States Virgin Islands.
Information last updated on .