Visa Requirements for Virgin Islander Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of United States Virgin Islands
Visa Not Required
108 destinations allow visa-free entry to Virgin Islander citizens.
- Visa-Free6 monthsAnyone with a criminal record (including misdemeanors or alcohol-related driving offenses in the US) may not be able to enter Canada without first obtaining an approval for rehabilitation
Passport Card, NEXUS card, or Enhanced Drivers License valid for Land and Sea Travel
Proof of COVID-19 vaccine required for tourists for travel before October 1, 2022.
- Visa-Free3 monthsDual nationals of Israel and the United States who don't have an Israeli passport, including infants, may be required to obtain an Israeli passport in order to leave Israel.
Entry prohibited for any person "who knowingly issues a public call for boycotting Israel".
- Visa-Free3 monthsJapan is reopening to individual travelers but needed to obtain visas from travel agencies organized by Japanese government. All visitors are fingerprinted and photographed.
Beginning on 11 October 2022, U.S. citizens may enter Japan without a visa for stays not exceeding 90 days.
- Visa-Free180 daysVisitors must obtain a Forma Migratoria Multiple. There is no charge for a tourist FMM for stays of less than 7 days when entering by land. For visitors staying more than 7 days and entering by land the cost is MXN$575. An FMM is required for all visitors entering via air, regardless of length of stay, and the cost is included in the traveler's airfare and remitted by the airline.
Passport Card or Enhanced Drivers License valid for Land and Sea Travel
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 23 destinations for passport holders of United States Virgin Islands.
- Visa On Arrival30 daysAvailable at international airports in Dhaka, Chittagong, and Sylhet.
No visa required for Bangladeshi Americans and their spouse and children with a copy of a former Bangladeshi passport, a Dual Nationality Certificate, NVR, a Bangladeshi NID, or a digital birth registration certificate.
Departure tax applies.
Virgin Islander passport allows entry to 20 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 days30 days extendable once.
Visitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested a pre-visa from an Angolan consulate abroad are issued a visa upon arrival at the country's border crossings.
Maximum total stay of 90 days within a one-year period.
Visitors must have a return/onward ticket and a hotel reservation confirmation.
International Certificate of Vaccination required.
- eVisa180 dayse-Visa holders must arrive via 26 designated airports
An Indian e-Tourist Visa can only be obtained twice in one calendar year.
$100 fee along with bank surcharge of 2.5%
Visitors are fingerprinted.
American citizens are eligible for a ten-year, multiple-entry tourist visa.
American citizens of Pakistani heritage are not eligible for a ten-year, multiple-entry tourist visa, and must apply for a regular visa.
- eVisa28 dayseVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings at Tachileik, Myawaddy, Kawthaung, Rih Khaw Dar or Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business (allowed stay is 70 days) purposes.
- eVisa3 monthsMay enter using eGate.
International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL) must be paid upon requesting an Electronic Travel Authority. IVL not required for American Samoan citizens.
Holders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Resident Return Visa may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival permitting indefinite stay (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement).
- eVisa10 days / 30 daysVisa exemption valid for 10 days
Holders of a visa or entrance stamp of the Emirate of Dubai that is valid for at least 21 days are visa exempt.
Holders of a visa for Qatar that is valid for travel to Oman and valid for at least one month are visa exempt when arriving directly from Qatar.
Iris scan is taken on arrival.
- eVisa90 daysDetermined at the port of entry.
Must apply online at least 2 business days prior to travel. As of March 2017, airlines may deny passengers permission to board flights to Uganda without proof that they had successfully applied for an eVisa. Ugandan immigration authorities may require additional documentation, including proof of a return plane ticket and detailed tour itinerary in Uganda.
International Certificate of Vaccination required.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 16 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of United States Virgin Islands.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysIf staying in Azerbaijan for more than ten days, visitors must register at the State Migration Service within three days of arrival.
Applicants of Armenian ancestry or with Armenian visas in their passport may be denied a visa.
Can obtain a 30 days visa on arrival only if arriving on a direct flight on Azerbaijan Airlines from New York City.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at Luangphabang, Pakse, Savannakhet and Vientiane international airports, the 4 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges,
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through Wattay International Airport and the First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge.
The Lalai, Lantui, Meuang mom, Pakxan, and Phoudou border crossings are open only to visa holders.
Visa on arrival is extendable up to 60 days.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
23 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of United States Virgin Islands. This requirement may be waived off if Virgin Islander citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa RequiredRegistration upon arrival for stays longer than 5 days is mandatory.
Visa-free visits to Belovezhskaya Pushcha National Park for up to 3 days.
Visa-free visits to the Grodno and Augustow Canal visa-free zone for up to 5 days.
No transit without a visa under any circumstance.
- Visa RequiredRegistration mandatory within 24 hours of arrival.
All visitors between the ages of 14 and 70 are fingerprinted upon arrival and departure.
24-hour visa-free transit through China (unless arriving in Fuzhou, Huangshan, Mudanjiang, Shenzhen or Yanji).
72-hour visa-free transit through Changsha, Guilin and Harbin.
144-hour visa-free transit through Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Jieyang, Kunming, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qinhuangdao, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Shijiazhuang, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen and Xi'an.
Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan count as third countries under the 24, 72 and 144-hours transit without visa (TWOV) policies.
All TWOV programs are currently suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Visas for U.S. citizens are valid for up to 10 years.
- Visa RequiredIranian visas must be obtained from the Iranian Interests section of the Embassy of Pakistan, Washington, D.C. or an Iranian embassy in a third country.
U.S. visitors are fingerprinted and photographed upon entry.
Independent travelers must be accompanied by an authorized guide at all times.
Tourists for Kish Island do not require a visa for a total of 14 days.
- Visa Required72-hour visa-free transit for international cruise ship/ferry passengers only if travelling with an organized tour and accompanied at all times by a tour operator.
Registration required after 7 business days.
American citizens may receive multiple-entry visas valid for three years.
Disagreements between United States Virgin Islands and 3 destinations have imposed restrictions in traveling to United States Virgin Islands.
- Entry Refused30 daysTourist travel is prohibited under U.S. law for U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and others subject to U.S. jurisdiction. Under the Cuban Assets Control Regulations, all persons subject to U.S. jurisdiction are not permitted to travel to Cuba, and must be licensed in order to engage in any travel-related transactions pursuant to travel to, from, and within Cuba.
- Entry RefusedRegistration required within 15 days.
Departure tax applies at all borders.
Persons with passports bearing Israeli visas or entry/exit stamps are not allowed to enter.
Visas are not currently available to United States residents.
Visa not required for foreign citizens with proof of Syrian origin, such as an identification card or passport
Dual-Citizen Males ages 17–42 need military service book
If not forgiven by the military, dual-citizens may apply for a visit visa once a year through the embassy
Information last updated on .