Visa Requirements for British Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of United Kingdom
Visa Not Required
105 destinations allow visa-free entry to British citizens.
- Visa-Free30 daysIn June 2022, government spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said: "Anyone can visit Afghanistan for the purpose of humanitarian activities and tourism." which implicitly states that any one going to Afghanistan for Humanitarian or tourism purposes is visa free and there is evidence of visas being issued on arrival .
- Visa-Free90 daysBe aware you may be given an initial 30 days and can extend it for another 60 days.
The Department of Immigration has imposed an annual limit for tourists of 90 days without a visa. For longer periods you must seek advice from the Bolivian Embassy in London or the Department of Immigration office in La Paz.
- Visa-Free6 daysBritish Nationals are Visa Free to China for up to 144 hour / 6 days under TWOV programme
24-hour visa-free transit through China (unless arriving in Fuzhou, Huangshan, Mudanjiang, Shenzhen or Yanji).
72-hour visa-free transit through Changsha, Guilin and Harbin.
144-hour visa-free transit through Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Jieyang, Kunming, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qinhuangdao, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Shijiazhuang, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen and Xi'an.
Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan count as third countries under the 24, 72 and 144-hours transit without visa (TWOV) policies.
All TWOV programs are currently suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Visiting visas issued to British citizens are generally valid for 2 years
- Visa-Free90 daysAs of December 2021: The maximum time of stay in Panama will be 1 to 3 months. If the visa is granted for 3 months, it cannot be extended. If the visa is for a shorter time and you need to extend your stay, you must apply personally to the National Immigration Service Directorate upon arrival in Panama.
Regular entry: Visa stamp (180 days) length determined on arrival
The maximum amount of time that you can stay in Panama is six months. For longer than six months, you may extend your stay applying for an extension of visa with the Offices of Immigration in Panama.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 23 destinations for passport holders of United Kingdom.
- Visa On Arrival60 daysBritish citizens can obtain a visa on arrival at Iraq's airports, land and sea crossings for 60 days, for a fee of US$75.
Visa not required for up to 30 days to Iraqi Kurdistan.
On 15 March 2021 the Iraqi government lifted pre-arrival visa requirements, allowing British citizens to apply for visa on arrival in any entry point.
- Visa On Arrival1 monthExtendable for 2 additional months; granted free of charge at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal, holding a telephone number, an address in Lebanon, and a non-refundable return or circle trip ticket.
British passport allows entry to 17 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 daysVisitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested a pre-visa from an Angolan consulate abroad are issued a visa upon arrival at the country's border crossings.
Maximum total stay of 90 days within a one-year period.
Visitors must have a return/onward ticket and a hotel reservation confirmation.
International Certificate of Vaccination required.
- eVisaE-visa is available, further information, please visit through https://www.evisa.mn
If you are intended to stay in Mongolia for a period of 30 days you can apply for following categories of visa:
K2 – visa for tourists
K4 – visa for participants in sports, cultural and arts events, and for creating films and contents
K6 – visa for transit (up to 10 days)
- eVisa28 dayseVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business purposes (allowed stay is 70 days).
- eVisa6 monthsMay enter using eGate.
International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy must be paid upon requesting an Electronic Travel Authority.
Holders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Resident Return Visa may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival permitting indefinite stay (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements and obtaining an Electronic Travel Authority prior to departure.
- eVisa90 daysBritish citizens can enter South Korea as a short term visit (e.g., tours, visiting relatives or friends, attending simple meetings) up to 90 days without a visa, though they should remain aware of the quarantine requirements. An onward or return ticket is mandatory. It is illegal to work on a tourist visa, whether as a teacher or in any other capacity.
One must be in possession of a Korea Electronic Travel Authorization (K-ETA) to enter Korea visa-free, which can be completed up to 24 hours before boarding a flight, and is valid for two years from the date of approval. There is a small, non-refundable charge.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 19 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of United Kingdom.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
28 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of United Kingdom. This requirement may be waived off if British citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa Requiredregional visa free acsess if permitted if you arrive through Minsk national airport however this is defacto very difficult due to economic sanctions and very few countries fly to Belarus - Russia one of the only countries flying to Belarus makes a traveller inlegible for visa free acsess as all travellers arriving from Russia by air need a visa.
Information last updated on .