Visa Requirements for British Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of United Kingdom
Freedom of Travel
British passport holders can travel to 31 destinations without a visa. Identify cards or passports may be required.
Visa Not Required
78 destinations allow visa-free entry to British citizens.
- Visa-Free30 daysMust arrive and leave via Minsk International Airport
Visas are also issued on arrival at the Minsk International Airport if the support documents were submitted by inviting organisation/person not later than 3 business days before expected date of arrival.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 19 destinations for passport holders of United Kingdom.
- Visa On Arrival1 monthExtendable for 2 additional months; granted free of charge at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal, holding a telephone number, an address in Lebanon, and a non refundable return or circle trip ticket.
British passport allows entry to 13 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 daysVisitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested such pre-visa from the consulates of Angola abroad, are then issued with a visa on arrival at the country's border check points.
For a maximum total stay of 90 days within a one year period.
Besides having printed confirmation that a visa will be issued upon arrival, passengers must: have a return/onward ticket, and have a hotel reservation confirmation.
- eVisa28 dayseVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business purposes (allowed stay is 70 days).
eVisa / On Arrival
For 21 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of United Kingdom.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
30 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of United Kingdom. This requirement may be waived off if British citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa Required72-hour visit without a visa when in transit at Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Guangzhou, Guilin, Harbin, Kunming, Qingdao, Wuhan, Xi'an and Xiamen.144-hours visit without a visa when in transit through Beijing Capital International Airport,
Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan do count as third countries under the 72 and 144-hours visa-free visit transit policy.
Visiting visas issued to British citizens are generally valid for 2 years
Information last updated on .