Visa Requirements for Ukrainian Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Ukraine
Visa Not Required
90 destinations allow visa-free entry to Ukrainian citizens.
- Visa-Free90 days90 days within any 180 day period
If staying more than 15 days passengers visiting relatives must register with local police. If staying in a hotel, this will be arranged by the hotel.
The Government of Azerbaijan bans the entry of people of Armenian descent regardless of their other nationalities.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 20 destinations for passport holders of Ukraine.
- Visa On Arrival30 daysCitizens of Ukraine can obtain a visa on arrival at airports Gheshm Island, Kish Island, Mashhad, Esfahan, Shiraz, Tabriz and Tehran Imam Khomeini.
Admission will be refused:
to women not wearing Islamic head cover, scarf, long sleeves or stockings
to holders of passports containing an Israeli visa/stamp in the last 12 months
Ukrainian passport allows entry to 16 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisaeVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business (allowed stay is 70 days) purposes.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 16 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Ukraine.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at Luangphabang, Pakse, Savannakhet and Vientiane international airports, the 4 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges,
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through Wattay International Airport and the First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge
The Lalai, Lantui, Meuang mom, Pakxan, and Phoudou border crossings are open only to visa holders.
Visa on arrival is extendable up to 60 days.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
50 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Ukraine. This requirement may be waived off if Ukrainian citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa RequiredPassengers with an application for a tourist visa can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 15 days if the application is sent by a tour operator to the Department of Tourism at least 2 and a half months in advance.
The passenger must have 2 passport photos.
- Visa Required24-hour visa-free transit through China (unless arriving in Fuzhou, Huangshan, Mudanjiang, Shenzhen or Yanji).
72-hour visa-free transit through Changsha, Guilin and Harbin.
144-hour visa-free transit through Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Jieyang, Kunming, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qinhuangdao, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Shijiazhuang, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen and Xi'an.
Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan count as third countries under the 24, 72 and 144-hours transit without visa (TWOV) policies.
All TWOV programs are currently suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Visa RequiredCitizens of Ukraine can obtain a visa on arrival if they have a copy of a visa-on-arrival approval issued (at least 48 hours prior to traveling to Ghana) by the Ghana Immigration Service.
The approval must contain both traveler's passport and visa numbers and a copy of the bio-data and photo page of the applicant's passport.
- Visa RequiredDiplomatic, service and standard passports with the former USSR symbol issued in the Ukraine are unacceptable, and visas will not be endorsed in them.
Holders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Resident Return Visa may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival permitting indefinite stay (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements and obtaining an Electronic Travel Authority prior to departure.
Information last updated on .