Visa Requirements for Taiwanese Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Taiwan
Visa Not Required
73 destinations allow visa-free entry to Taiwanese citizens.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 28 destinations for passport holders of Taiwan.
- Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at international airports Luangphabang, Pakse, Savannakhet and Vientiane, and at 4 land borders Friendship Bridge,
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through the following entry points — Wattay International Airport and the First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge
Entry points Lalai, Lantui, Meuang mom, Pakxan, and Phoudou are open only to visa holders.
Visa on arrival is extendable up to 60 days.
Taiwanese passport allows entry to 25 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa90 days90 days on each visit in 12-month period.
ETA is only applicable when the ROC passport contains a National ID number and can only be applied from an approved travel agent in Taiwan or at an Australian visa office. ROC passports without National ID numbers are not accepted unless the holder has permanent residency in another country.
May enter using SmartGate on arrival in Australia
- eVisaElectronic visa holders must arrive via Manas International Airport or Osh Airport or through land crossings with China (at Irkeshtam and Torugart), Kazakhstan (at Ak-jol, Ak-Tilek, Chaldybar, Chon-Kapka), Tajikistan (at Bor-Dobo, Kulundu, Kyzyl-Bel) and Uzbekistan (at Dostuk).
Visa on arrival is also available for those with pre-arranged landing visa invitation.
- eVisa28 dayseVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business (allowed stay is 70 days) purposes.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 6 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Taiwan.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
58 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Taiwan. This requirement may be waived off if Taiwanese citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
In order to trave to 1 destination, passport holders of Taiwan must meet special conditions, and may not be allowed to enter at all.
- Special RequirementsROC passports are not recognized for entry and transit. However, all ROC nationals with Household Registration are also able to apply for a Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents either before arrival or on arrival, allowing the holder to enter and stay in Mainland China until its expiry. All ROC nationals can also apply for a Chinese Travel Document before arrival which allows them to remain for up to 2 years. Issuance of the Taiwan Compatriot Permit or Chinese Travel Document is not automatic for all ROC nationals and is at the sole discretion of the PRC government. See #Greater China for more details.
Disagreements between Taiwan and 2 destinations have imposed restrictions in traveling to Taiwan.
Information last updated on .