Visa Requirements for Swiss Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Switzerland
Freedom of Travel
Swiss passport holders can travel to 30 destinations without a visa. Identify cards or passports may be required.
Visa Not Required
84 destinations allow visa-free entry to Swiss citizens.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 15 destinations for passport holders of Switzerland.
- Visa On Arrival1 monthVisa extendable for 2 additional months issued upon arrival
Granted free of charge at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal, holding a telephone number, an address in Lebanon, and a non refundable return or circle trip ticket.
Swiss passport allows entry to 15 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 daysVisitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested a pre-visa from an Angolan consulate abroad are issued a visa upon arrival at the country's border crossings.
Maximum total stay of 90 days within a one-year period.
Visitors must have a return/onward ticket and a hotel reservation confirmation.
- eVisa3 monthsInternational Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy must be paid upon requesting an Electronic Travel Authority.
Holders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Resident Return Visa may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival permitting indefinite stay (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements and obtaining an Electronic Travel Authority prior to departure.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 20 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Switzerland.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival28 dayseVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business (allowed stay is 70 days) purposes.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
29 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Switzerland. This requirement may be waived off if Swiss citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa Required24-hour visa-free transit through China (unless arriving in Fuzhou, Huangshan, Mudanjiang, Shenzhen or Yanji).
72-hour visa-free transit through Changsha, Guilin and Harbin.
144-hour visa-free transit through Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Jieyang, Kunming, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qinhuangdao, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Shijiazhuang, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen and Xi'an.
Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan count as third countries under the 24, 72 and 144-hours transit without visa (TWOV) policies.
All TWOV programs are currently suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Information last updated on .