Visa Requirements for South Korean Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of South Korea
Visa Not Required
112 destinations allow visa-free entry to South Korean citizens.
- Visa-FreePassengers and airline crew who have transited through or have been in Albania, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Canada, Cape Verde, Chile, China (People's Rep.), Chinese Taipei, Congo (Dem. Rep.), Colombia, Côte d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Rep., Ecuador, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Finland, France, Gabon, Germany, Greece, Guinea-Bissau, Honduras, Hong Kong (SAR China), Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland (Rep.), Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Korea (Rep.), Kosovo (Rep.), Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao (SAR China), Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova (Rep.), Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, North Macedonia (Rep.), Norway, Oman, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russian Fed., San Marino, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, St. Kitts and Nevis, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Uruguay, USA, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Vatican City (Holy See) or Viet Nam in the past 14 days are not allowed to enter.
- Visa-FreePassengers arriving from outside Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland (Rep.), Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland and United Kingdom are not allowed to enter.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 21 destinations for passport holders of South Korea.
South Korean passport allows entry to 10 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 daysVisitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested such pre-visa from the consulates of Angola abroad, are then issued with a visa on arrival at the country's border check points.
For a maximum total stay of 90 days within a one year period.
Besides having printed confirmation that a visa will be issued upon arrival, passengers must: have a return/onward ticket, and have a hotel reservation confirmation.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 20 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of South Korea.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival60 daysVisa on Arrival is only granted at Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai airport.
South Korean citizens can also apply for e-Visa online for 60 days
e-Visa holders must arrive via 26 designated airports
An Indian e-Tourist Visa can only be obtained twice in one calendar year.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
22 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of South Korea. This requirement may be waived off if South Korean citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa Required24-hour visit without a visa when in transit through China (unless arriving in Fuzhou Changle International Airport, Huangshan Tunxi International Airport, Mudanjiang Hailang Airport, Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport and Yanji Chaoyangchuan Airport).
72-hour visit without a visa when in transit through Changsha, Guilin and Harbin.
144-hours visit without a visa when in transit through Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Jieyang, Kunming, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qinhuangdao, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Shijiazhuang, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen and Xi'an.
Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan do count as third countries under the 24, 72 and 144-hours visa-free transit (TWOV) policies.
Visa on arrival for Special Economic Zone(Zhuhai, Shenzhen) is available.
In order to trave to 1 destination, passport holders of South Korea must meet special conditions, and may not be allowed to enter at all.
- Special RequirementsNationals of either Koreas seeking to visit the other must submit the North/South Korea visitation verification certificate and the Departure card to the Immigration Officer at the immigration port and go through immigration inspection. Also, nationals of South Korea must seek governmental authorization before departure.
Disagreements between South Korea and 6 destinations have imposed restrictions in traveling to South Korea.
Information last updated on .