Visa Requirements for Russian Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Russia
Freedom of Travel
Russian passport holders can travel to 1 destination without a visa. Identify cards or passports may be required.
Visa Not Required
78 destinations allow visa-free entry to Russian citizens.
- Visa-Free30 days30 days extendable once.
Visitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested a pre-visa from an Angolan consulate abroad are issued a visa upon arrival at the country's border crossings.
Maximum total stay of 90 days within a one-year period.
Visitors must have a return/onward ticket and a hotel reservation confirmation.
International Certificate of Vaccination required.
- Visa-Free90 days90 days within any 180-day period
If staying more than 15 days passengers visiting relatives must register with local police. If staying in a hotel, this will be arranged by the hotel.
Applicants of Armenian ancestry or with Armenian visas in their passport may be denied a visa.
- Visa-Free15 daysVisa not required for 15 days for travelling as part of an accredited tour group (5 ~ 50 people).
24-hour visa-free transit through China (unless arriving in Fuzhou, Huangshan, Mudanjiang, Shenzhen or Yanji).
72-hour visa-free transit through Changsha, Guilin and Harbin.
144-hour visa-free transit through Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Jieyang, Kunming, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qinhuangdao, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Shijiazhuang, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen and Xi'an.
Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan count as third countries under the 24, 72 and 144-hours transit without visa (TWOV) policies.
May visit Suifenhe without a visa for up to 15 days if travelling with at least one companion.
Residents of Amur Oblast may visit Heihe without a visa for a day.
- Visa-Free30 daysVisa waiver has been extended until 30 June 2024.
eVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business (allowed stay is 70 days) purposes.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 13 destinations for passport holders of Russia.
- Visa On Arrival1 month1 month extendable for 2 additional months.
Granted free of charge at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal, holding a telephone number, an address in Lebanon, and a non refundable return or circle trip ticket.
Russian passport allows entry to 24 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 dayse-Visa holders must arrive via 26 designated airports
An Indian e-Tourist Visa can only be obtained twice in one calendar year.
Foreigners of Pakistani origin or who hold a Pakistani Passport are not eligible for an e-Visa. Foreigners who are not Pakistani nationals, but whose parents or grandparents (either paternal or maternal) were born in, or were permanent residents in Pakistan, are also not eligible for an eVisa.
- eVisa15 days / 30 daysVisa not required for 15 days for travelling as part of an accredited tour group (5 ~ 50 people).
Passengers who have already made an application, at least two days before arrival, at the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affair's E-Visa website and present the submission notification at the airport's visa desk may obtain a visa on arrival.
Available at Qeshm, Kish, Mashhad, Isfahan, Shiraz, Tabriz and Tehran airports.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 15 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Russia.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysOn 24 October, 2023, Sri Lanka announced the exemption of visa fees for Russian citizens. This is a pilot program that will last until 31 March, 2024.
Electronic Travel Authorization can also be obtained on arrival.
30 days extendable to 6 months.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
55 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Russia. This requirement may be waived off if Russian citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa Required24-hours visa-free visit: 1) when in transit to/from Australia, Canada, New Zealand or USA, or 2) if holder of residence permit issued by Australia, Canada, New Zealand or USA, or 3) if holder of certain EEA or Switzerland visas, or 4) if holder of certain Irish visas
- Visa Required* Residents of the Bering Strait are allowed 90 days Visa free travel across the Bering Strait. Russians living in the Iultinskiy Rayon, Providenskiy Rayon, and Chukostsky Rayon, as well as the eastern part of the Anadyrskiy Rayon, bounded on the south by the Anadyr River and on the west by the Tanyurer River, including the city of Anadyr (Chukotsky Autonomous Okrug) are eligible. Americans residing in the Nome and Northwest Arctic Borough census areas of Alaska are eligible. Russian citizens apply for 3-year multiple-entry tourist visa.
Disagreements between Russia and 6 destinations have imposed restrictions in traveling to Russia.
Information last updated on .