Visa Requirements for Russian Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Russia
Visa Not Required
73 destinations allow visa-free entry to Russian citizens.
- Visa-Free90 days90 days within any 180-day period
If staying more than 15 days passengers visiting relatives must register with local police. If staying in a hotel, this will be arranged by the hotel.
Who are of Armenian descent Government of Azerbaijan bans the entry.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 17 destinations for passport holders of Russia.
- Visa On Arrival1 month1 month extendable for 2 additional months.
Granted free of charge at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal, holding a telephone number, an address in Lebanon, and a non refundable return or circle trip ticket.
Russian passport allows entry to 12 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 daysVisitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested such pre-visa from the consulates of Angola abroad, are then issued with a visa on arrival at the country's border check points.
For a maximum total stay of 90 days within a one year period.
Besides having printed confirmation that a visa will be issued upon arrival, passengers must: have a return/onward ticket, and have a hotel reservation confirmation.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 17 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Russia.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
73 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Russia. This requirement may be waived off if Russian citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa RequiredVisa not required for 30 days for travelling as part of an accredited tour group.
24-hour visit without a visa when in transit through China (unless arriving in Fuzhou Changle International Airport, Huangshan Tunxi International Airport, Mudanjiang Hailang Airport, Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport and Yanji Chaoyangchuan Airport).
72-hour visit without a visa when in transit through Changsha, Guilin and Harbin.
144-hours visit without a visa when in transit through Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Jieyang, Kunming, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qinhuangdao, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Shijiazhuang, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen and Xi'an.
Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan do count as third countries under the 24, 72 and 144-hours visa-free transit (TWOV) policies.
May visit Suifenhe without a visa for up to 15 days if travelling with at least one companion.
Residents of Amur Oblast may visit Heihe without a visa for a day.
- Visa Required24-hours visa-free visit: 1) when in transit to/from Australia, Canada, New Zealand or USA, or 2) if holder of residence permit issued by Australia, Canada, New Zealand or USA, or 3) if holder of certain EEA or Switzerland visas, or 4) if holder of certain Irish visas
Information last updated on .