Visa Requirements for Norwegian Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Norway
Freedom of Travel
Norwegian passport holders can travel to 30 destinations without a visa. Identify cards or passports may be required.
Visa Not Required
86 destinations allow visa-free entry to Norwegian citizens.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 16 destinations for passport holders of Norway.
- Visa On Arrival1 monthExtendable for 2 additional months.
Granted free of charge at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal, holding a telephone number, an address in Lebanon, and a non refundable return or circle trip ticket.
- Visa On Arrival30 daysAvailable at Nouakchott–Oumtounsy International Airport. Only the Nouakchott-Oumtounsy International Airport offers a Mauritania visa on arrival. Any other entry point necessitates a ride to the embassy.
A Mauritania visa costs about 30 euros and lasts for 30 days.
Norwegian passport allows entry to 15 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 daysVisitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested a pre-visa from an Angolan consulate abroad are issued a visa upon arrival at the country's border crossings.
Maximum total stay of 90 days within a one-year period.
Visitors must have a return/onward ticket and a hotel reservation confirmation.
- eVisa28 dayseVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business (allowed stay is 70 days) purposes.
- eVisa3 monthsInternational Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy must be paid upon requesting an Electronic Travel Authority.
Holders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Resident Return Visa may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival permitting indefinite stay (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements and obtaining an Electronic Travel Authority prior to departure.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 19 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Norway.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival90 daysMust have an international vaccination certificate.
Three types of electronic visa are offered: the e-Visa valid for 30 days for a single entry (50€), the e-Visa valid for 30 days for several (multiple) entries (75€), and the e-Visa valid for 90 days to make several (multiple) entries (100€)
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival3 monthsDetermined at the port of entry.
Must apply online at least 2 business days prior to travel. As of March 2017, airlines may deny passengers permission to board flights to Uganda without proof that they had successfully applied for an eVisa. Ugandan immigration authorities may require additional documentation, including proof of a return plane ticket and detailed tour itinerary in Uganda.
International Certificate of Vaccination required
Pre-arranged Visa Required
26 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Norway. This requirement may be waived off if Norwegian citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
Information last updated on .