Visa Requirements for Niuean Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Niue
Visa Not Required
103 destinations allow visa-free entry to Niuean citizens.
- Visa-FreeNew Zealand citizens are eligible to be granted a Special Category Visa on arrival under the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement, provided that they meet Australian character and health requirements, and enter Australia on their New Zealand passport.
Holders of a Special Category Visa may live, work and study in Australia indefinitely, provided that the holder remains a New Zealand citizen.
New Zealand citizens entering Australia on a non-New Zealand passport will not be granted a Special Category Visa on arrival, and may need to apply for a visa for arrival as per the requirements imposed on the non-New Zealand country (e.g. a dual citizen of New Zealand and South Africa would need to apply for a visa if wishing to enter Australia on a South African passport). Such people may be able to apply for a Special Category Visa while in Australia, provided that the applicant does not already hold a visa with a "no further stay" condition.
New Zealand citizens that are assessed as either a Behaviour-concern non-citizen or a Health-concern non-citizen will not be granted a Special Category Visa on arrival, and must apply for a visa prior to travel.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 27 destinations for passport holders of Niue.
- Visa On Arrival1 monthExtendable for 2 additional months
Granted free of charge at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal, holding a telephone number, an address in Lebanon, and a non refundable return or circle trip ticket.
Niuean passport allows entry to 13 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 daysVisitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested such pre-visa from the consulates of Angola abroad, are then issued with a visa on arrival at the country's border check points.
For a maximum total stay of 90 days within a one year period.
Besides having printed confirmation that a visa will be issued upon arrival, passengers must: have a return/onward ticket, and have a hotel reservation confirmation.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 20 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Niue.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at international airports Luangphabang, Pakse, Savannakhet and Vientiane, and at 4 land borders Friendship Bridge,
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through the following entry points — Wattay International Airport and the First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge
Entry points Lalai, Lantui, Meuang mom, Pakxan, and Phoudou are open only to visa holders.
Visa on arrival is extendable up to 60 days.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 dayseVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business (allowed stay is 70 days) purposes.
Visa on arrival may be obtainted at Yangon International Airport, Nay Pyi Taw International Airport or Mandalay International Airport.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
29 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Niue. This requirement may be waived off if Niuean citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa Required24-hour visit without a visa when in transit through China (unless arriving in Fuzhou Changle International Airport, Huangshan Tunxi International Airport, Mudanjiang Hailang Airport, Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport and Yanji Chaoyangchuan Airport).
72-hour visit without a visa when in transit through Changsha, Guilin and Harbin.
144-hours visit without a visa when in transit through Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Jieyang, Kunming, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qinhuangdao, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Shijiazhuang, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen and Xi'an.
Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan do count as third countries under the 24, 72 and 144-hours visa-free transit (TWOV) policies.
Information last updated on .