Visa Requirements for New Zealander Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of New Zealand
Visa Not Required
102 destinations allow visa-free entry to New Zealander citizens.
- Visa-FreeIndefinitelyNew Zealand citizens travelling on a New Zealand passport may be granted a Special Category Visa on arrival entitling the holder to live, work and study indefinitely (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), provided that they are not assessed as either a Behaviour-concern non-citizen or a Health-concern non-citizen.
May enter using SmartGate.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 30 destinations for passport holders of New Zealand.
- Visa On Arrival1 monthExtendable for 2 additional months
Granted free of charge at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal, holding a telephone number, an address in Lebanon, and a non refundable return or circle trip ticket.
New Zealander passport allows entry to 17 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 days30 days extendable once.
Visitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested a pre-visa from an Angolan consulate abroad are issued a visa upon arrival at the country's border crossings.
Maximum total stay of 90 days within a one-year period.
Visitors must have a return/onward ticket and a hotel reservation confirmation.
International Certificate of Vaccination required.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 17 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of New Zealand.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at Luangphabang, Pakse, Savannakhet and Vientiane international airports, the 4 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges,
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through Wattay International Airport and the First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge.
The Lalai, Lantui, Meuang mom, Pakxan, and Phoudou border crossings are open only to visa holders.
Visa on arrival is extendable up to 60 days.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 dayseVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business (allowed stay is 70 days) purposes.
Visa on arrival may be obtainted at Yangon International Airport, Nay Pyi Taw International Airport or Mandalay International Airport.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
26 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of New Zealand. This requirement may be waived off if New Zealander citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa Required24-hour visa-free transit through China (unless arriving in Fuzhou, Huangshan, Mudanjiang, Shenzhen or Yanji).
72-hour visa-free transit through Changsha, Guilin and Harbin.
144-hour visa-free transit through Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Jieyang, Kunming, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qinhuangdao, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Shijiazhuang, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen and Xi'an.
Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan count as third countries under the 24, 72 and 144-hours transit without visa (TWOV) policies.
All TWOV programs are currently suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Information last updated on .