Visa Requirements for Nepalese Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Nepal
Freedom of Travel
Nepalese passport holders can travel to 1 destination without a visa. Identify cards or passports may be required.
Visa Not Required
8 destinations allow visa-free entry to Nepalese citizens.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 17 destinations for passport holders of Nepal.
Nepalese passport allows entry to 19 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa28 dayseVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business (allowed stay is 70 days) purposes.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 10 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Nepal.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at Luangphabang, Pakse, Savannakhet and Vientiane international airports, the 4 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges,
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through Wattay International Airport and the First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge
The Lalai, Lantui, Meuang mom, Pakxan, and Phoudou border crossings are open only to visa holders.
Visa on arrival is extendable up to 60 days.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
137 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Nepal. This requirement may be waived off if Nepalese citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa RequiredVisa required and eVisa can be applied online. But can visit and stay for 90 days without Georgian visa if holding a supporting document which could be a valid visa or residence permit issued by USA, UK, Japan, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, South Korea, Schengen and GCC countries.
- Visa RequiredVisa not required for any valid USA visa (e.g. H, L, F, J, B1/B2 etc.) holders to enter Mexico with tourist, transit & business purposes. Legal Permanent Residents of USA, Canada, Japan, United Kingdom & Schengen States do not require visa to enter Mexico with tourist, transit & business purposes.
- Visa RequiredHolders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Resident Return Visa may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival permitting indefinite stay (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements and obtaining an Electronic Travel Authority prior to departure.
Information last updated on .