Visa Requirements for Malaysian Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Malaysia
Visa Not Required
113 destinations allow visa-free entry to Malaysian citizens.
- Visa-Free90 days90 days within a 180-day period, regardless of previous time spent in other Schengen countries (pursuant to the Poland-Malaysia bilateral agreement regulating visa-free traffic that was concluded before Poland joined the European Union and the Schengen Area).
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 22 destinations for passport holders of Malaysia.
Malaysian passport allows entry to 24 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 dayse-Visa holders must arrive via 26 designated airports
An Indian e-Tourist Visa can only be obtained twice in one calendar year.
Foreigners of Pakistani origin or who hold a Pakistani Passport are not eligible for an e-Visa. Foreigners who are not Pakistani nationals, but whose parents or grandparents (either paternal or maternal) were born in, or were permanent residents in Pakistan, are also not eligible for an eVisa.
- eVisa28 dayseVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business (allowed stay is 70 days) purposes.
- eVisa3 monthsInternational Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy must be paid upon requesting an Electronic Travel Authority.
Holders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Resident Return Visa may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival permitting indefinite stay (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements and obtaining an Electronic Travel Authority prior to departure.
- eVisa90 daysMalaysian citizens can enter South Korea as a short term visit (e.g., tours, visiting relatives or friends, attending simple meetings) up to 90 days without a visa, though you should remain aware of the quarantine requirements. You must also have an onward or return ticket. It is illegal to work on a tourist visa, whether as a teacher or in any other capacity.
You must be in possession of a Korea Electronic Travel Authorization (K-ETA) to enter Korea visa-free. You can complete your K-ETA application up to 24 hours before boarding your flight and it will be valid for 3 years from the date of approval. There is a small, non-refundable charge.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 11 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Malaysia.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
21 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Malaysia. This requirement may be waived off if Malaysian citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
Disagreements between Malaysia and 1 destination have imposed restrictions in traveling to Malaysia.
Information last updated on .