Visa Requirements for Malagasy Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Madagascar
Visa Not Required
18 destinations allow visa-free entry to Malagasy citizens.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 23 destinations for passport holders of Madagascar.
Malagasy passport allows entry to 15 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 daysVisitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested such pre-visa from the consulates of Angola abroad, are then issued with a visa on arrival at the country's border check points.
For a maximum total stay of 90 days within a one year period.
Besides having printed confirmation that a visa will be issued upon arrival, passengers must: have a return/onward ticket, and have a hotel reservation confirmation.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 7 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Madagascar.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at international airports Luangphabang, Pakse, Savannakhet and Vientiane, and at 4 land borders Friendship Bridge,
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through the following entry points — Wattay International Airport and the First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge
Entry points Lalai, Lantui, Meuang mom, Pakxan, and Phoudou are open only to visa holders.
Visa on arrival is extendable up to 60 days.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
128 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Madagascar. This requirement may be waived off if Malagasy citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa RequiredResident permit holders of the European Union may enter for 30 days; as well as multiple-entry visa holders of Canada and the U.S. Green Cards or U.S. visas must be valid for more than six months on arrival except for holders of B or D visas. Not applicable to holders of C1 visas.
- Visa RequiredHolders of a valid Type "C" multiple entry visa or Permanent Residency for the Schengen area may enter North Macedonia for up to 15 days visa free. A temporary residence permit (with expiration date) is not accepted.
Holders of a valid UK, Canada or U.S. visa may enter North Macedonia for up to 15 days visa free.
Holders of UN travel documents do not require a visa.
- Visa RequiredMalagasy passport holders are visa exempt if they hold a valid visa for Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Japan or Schengen
Malagasy passport holders are visa exempt if they hold residence from Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Japan, Schengen, Colombia or Peru
- Visa RequiredAs of November 2014 valid visa holders and residents of the European Union and Schengen Area member states and the United States can enter Serbia without a visa for a maximum stay of 90 days within 180 days, provided the visa remains valid for the entire length of stay.
- Visa RequiredNon-visa-exempt nationals who are in transit through South Korea are visa-exempt for 30 days, provided holding a physical visa or a residence permit issued by the following countries and are arriving at South Korea from one of these countries and continuing to a third country, or arriving from a third country and continuing to one of these countries: Australia, New Zealand, Canada, United States.
Disagreements between Madagascar and 1 destination have imposed restrictions in traveling to Madagascar.
Information last updated on .