Visa Requirements for Macanese Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Macau
Visa Not Required
87 destinations allow visa-free entry to Macanese citizens.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 14 destinations for passport holders of Macau.
- Visa On Arrival1 month1 month extendable for 2 additional months
Granted free of charge at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal, holding a telephone number, an address in Lebanon, and a non refundable return or circle trip ticket.
Macanese passport allows entry to 28 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisaElectronic visa holders must arrive via Manas International Airport or Osh Airport or through land crossings with China (at Irkeshtam and Torugart), Kazakhstan (at Ak-jol, Ak-Tilek, Chaldybar, Chon-Kapka), Tajikistan (at Bor-Dobo, Kulundu, Kyzyl-Bel) and Uzbekistan (at Dostuk).
- eVisa3 monthsInternational Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy must be paid upon requesting an Electronic Travel Authority.
Holders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Resident Return Visa may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival permitting indefinite stay (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements and obtaining an Electronic Travel Authority prior to departure.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 16 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Macau.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at Luangphabang, Pakse and Vientiane international airports, the 4 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through Luangphabang, Pakse and Vientiane international airports, 3 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges
Visa on arrival is extendable for an additional 60 days at the Department of Immigration in Vientiane.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
47 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Macau. This requirement may be waived off if Macanese citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
In order to trave to 1 destination, passport holders of Macau must meet special conditions, and may not be allowed to enter at all.
- Special RequirementsUntil permit expiryHolders of Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents are able to freely enter Mainland China for all purposes within the validity of their travel document. Most permits for adults are valid for 10 years; minors under 18 years old are issued permits valid for five years.
Entry to Mainland China cannot be on a Macau SAR passport. However, all eligible for Macau SAR passport is also able to apply for a Home Return Permit, allowing the holder to enter and stay in Mainland China until its expiry. Issuance of the Home Return Permit is not automatic for all MSAR passport holders and is at the sole discretion of the Bureau of Exit and Entry Administration of the Ministry of Public Security.
Those residing in the Mainland for more than six months may apply for the Residence Permit for Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan Residents.
Information last updated on .