Visa Requirements for Macanese Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Macau
Visa Not Required
86 destinations allow visa-free entry to Macanese citizens.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 19 destinations for passport holders of Macau.
- Visa On Arrival1 month1 month extendable for 2 additional months
Granted free of charge at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal, holding a telephone number, an address in Lebanon, and a non refundable return or circle trip ticket.
Macanese passport allows entry to 17 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisaElectronic visa holders must arrive via Manas International Airport or Osh Airport or through land crossings with China (at Irkeshtam and Torugart), Kazakhstan (at Ak-jol, Ak-Tilek, Chaldybar, Chon-Kapka), Tajikistan (at Bor-Dobo, Kulundu, Kyzyl-Bel) and Uzbekistan (at Dostuk).
eVisa / On Arrival
For 16 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Macau.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at international airports Luangphabang, Pakse, Savannakhet and Vientiane, and at 4 land borders Friendship Bridge,
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through the following entry points — Wattay International Airport and the First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge
Entry points Lalai, Lantui, Meuang mom, Pakxan, and Phoudou are open only to visa holders.
Visa on arrival is extendable up to 60 days.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
50 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Macau. This requirement may be waived off if Macanese citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
In order to trave to 1 destination, passport holders of Macau must meet special conditions, and may not be allowed to enter at all.
- Special Requirementsuntil Permit expiryHolders of Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents are able to freely enter Mainland China for all purposes within the validity of their travel document. Most permits for adults are valid for 10 years ; minors under 18 years old are issued permits valid for five years.
Entry to Mainland China cannot be on a MSAR passport. However, all eligible for a MSAR passport are also able to apply for a Home Return Permit, allowing the holder to enter and stay in Mainland China until its expiry. Issuance of the Home Return Permit is not automatic for all MSAR passport holders and is at the sole discretion of the Bureau of Exit and Entry Administration of the Ministry of Public Security.
Disagreements between Macau and 4 destinations have imposed restrictions in traveling to Macau.
- Entry RefusedWas available to apply eVisa for maximum 30 days visit until 28 January 2020.
Due to the 2019-nCoV, Vietnamese government stops issuing the travel visas to the ordinary passport holders of Chinese citizens, including Macau and Hong Kong SAR passport holders. The visa policy would be reviewed at mid-February 2020.
Information last updated on .