Visa Requirements for Japanese Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Japan
Visa Not Required
110 destinations allow visa-free entry to Japanese citizens.
- Visa-Free30 days / 60 daysJapanese nationals can obtain a single or multiple entry e-Visa online for US$30 prior to arrival for a maximum stay of 60 days within 90 days. Along with e-Visa, visitors can apply for a permit to visit Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Province for US$20.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 23 destinations for passport holders of Japan.
- Visa On Arrival1 monthExtendable for 2 additional months.
Granted free of charge at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal, holding a telephone number, an address in Lebanon, and a non refundable return or circle trip ticket.
- Visa On Arrival30 daysAvailable at Nouakchott–Oumtounsy International Airport. Only the Nouakchott-Oumtounsy International Airport offers a Mauritania visa on arrival. Any other entry point necessitates a ride to the embassy.
A Mauritania visa costs about 30 euros and lasts for 30 days.
Japanese passport allows entry to 16 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 days30 days extendable once.
Visitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested a pre-visa from an Angolan consulate abroad are issued a visa upon arrival at the country's border crossings.
Maximum total stay of 90 days within a one-year period.
Visitors must have a return/onward ticket and a hotel reservation confirmation.
International Certificate of Vaccination required.
- eVisa3 monthsInternational Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy must be paid upon requesting an Electronic Travel Authority.
Holders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Resident Return Visa may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival permitting indefinite stay (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements and obtaining an Electronic Travel Authority prior to departure.
- eVisa90 daysJapanese citizens of can enter South Korea as a short term visit (e.g., tours, visiting relatives or friends, attending simple meetings) up to 90 days without a visa, though you should remain aware of the quarantine requirements. You must also have an onward or return ticket. It's illegal to work on a tourist visa, whether as a teacher or in any other capacity.
You must be in possession of a Korea Electronic Travel Authorization (K-ETA) to enter Korea visa-free. You can complete your K-ETA application up to 24 hours before boarding your flight and it will be valid for two years from the date of approval. There is a small, non-refundable charge.
- eVisa3 monthsDetermined at the port of entry.
Must apply online at least 2 business days prior to travel. As of March 2017, airlines may deny passengers permission to board flights to Uganda without proof that they had successfully applied for an eVisa. Ugandan immigration authorities may require additional documentation, including proof of a return plane ticket and detailed tour itinerary in Uganda.
Can also be entered on an East Africa Tourist Visa issued by Kenya or Rwanda.
International Certificate of Vaccination required
eVisa / On Arrival
For 17 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Japan.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival90 daysMust have an international vaccination certificate.
Three types of electronic visa are offered: the e-Visa valid for 30 days for a single entry (€50), the e-Visa valid for 30 days for several (multiple) entries (€75), and the e-Visa valid for 90 days to make several (multiple) entries (€100)
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival60 daysVisa on Arrival is only granted at Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai airport.
Japanese citizens can also apply for e-Visa online for 60 days / 180 days
e-Visa holders must arrive via 26 designated airports
An Indian e-Tourist Visa can only be obtained twice in one calendar year.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
26 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Japan. This requirement may be waived off if Japanese citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
Information last updated on .