Visa Requirements for Irish Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Ireland
Freedom of Travel
Irish passport holders can travel to 31 destinations without a visa. Identify cards or passports may be required.
Visa Not Required
84 destinations allow visa-free entry to Irish citizens.
- Visa-Free30 days30 days extendable once.
Visitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested a pre-visa from an Angolan consulate abroad are issued a visa upon arrival at the country's border crossings.
Maximum total stay of 90 days within a one-year period.
Visitors must have a return/onward ticket and a hotel reservation confirmation.
International Certificate of Vaccination required.
- Visa-Free30 daysTravellers must arrive via Minsk International Airport to avail of visa-free access.
Travellers must also depart from Minsk International Airport, to a destination outside of Belarus and Russia.
Visa on arrival is not available to tourists travelling from Russia.
Irish citizens are allowed to stay without a visa for 15 days in the regions of Brest and Grodno
- Visa-Free14 days / 30 daysA visa waiver is in place for travellers who are arriving directly from the Emirate of Dubai who have a visa or an entrance stamp from Dubai, whereby the visa must be valid for 21 days at least upon arrival in Oman.
A visa waiver is in place for travellers who are arriving directly from Qatar, whereby the visa must state as being valid for Oman and must be valid for at least one month on arrival.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 15 destinations for passport holders of Ireland.
- Visa On Arrival60 daysIrish citizens can obtain a visa on arrival at Iraq's airports, land and sea crossings for 60 days, for a fee of US$75.
Visa not required for up to 30 days to Iraqi Kurdistan.
On 15 March 2021 the Iraqi government lifted pre-arrival visa requirements, allowing Irish citizens to apply for visa on arrival in any entry point.
Irish passport allows entry to 24 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 dayse-Visa holders must arrive via 26 designated airports
An Indian e-Tourist Visa can only be obtained twice in one calendar year.
Foreigners of Pakistani origin or who hold a Pakistani Passport are not eligible for an e-Visa. Foreigners who are not Pakistani nationals, but whose parents or grandparents (either paternal or maternal) were born in, or were permanent residents in Pakistan, are also not eligible for an eVisa.
- eVisa28 dayseVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business (allowed stay is 70 days) purposes.
- eVisa3 monthsMay enter using eGate.
International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy must be paid upon requesting an Electronic Travel Authority.
Holders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Resident Return Visa may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival permitting indefinite stay (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements and obtaining an Electronic Travel Authority prior to departure.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 19 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Ireland.
- eVisa or Visa On ArrivalVisa can be obtained upon arrival, it will cost a total of 40 JOD, obtainable at most international ports of entry and land border crossings (except King Hussein/Allenby Bridge)
Visa fees may be waived for those in possession of a Jordan Pass depending on the length of their visit to the kingdom.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at Luangphabang, Pakse and Vientiane international airports, the 4 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through Luangphabang, Pakse and Vientiane international airports, 3 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges
Visa on arrival is extendable for an additional 60 days at the Department of Immigration in Vientiane.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival90 daysESTA required if arriving by air or cruise ship.
ESTA is valid for two years when issued.
Holders of non-biometric passports must obtain a visa for the United States as they are ineligible to apply for an ESTA.
Leaving the United States and re-entering from Canada or Mexico will not reset the original 90 day maximum stay. You can only reset the timer by leaving North America.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
19 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Ireland. This requirement may be waived off if Irish citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa Required24-hour visa-free transit through China (unless arriving in Fuzhou, Huangshan, Mudanjiang, Shenzhen or Yanji).
72-hour visa-free transit through Changsha, Guilin and Harbin.
144-hour visa-free transit through Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Jieyang, Kunming, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qinhuangdao, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Shijiazhuang, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen and Xi'an.
Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan count as third countries under the 24, 72 and 144-hours transit without visa (TWOV) policies.
- Visa RequiredPre-approved visa can be picked up on arrival.
Passengers arriving in Libya must hold a non-objection form issued by the Libyan Immigration Authorities.
All travellers arriving in Libya for tourism must convert $1000 USD in freely convertible currency, or debit the amount from a credit card upon arrival in the country.
Information last updated on .