Visa Requirements for Iraqi Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Iraq
Visa Not Required
6 destinations allow visa-free entry to Iraqi citizens.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 13 destinations for passport holders of Iraq.
Iraqi passport allows entry to 24 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisaElectronic visa holders must arrive via Manas International Airport or Osh Airport or through land crossings with China (at Irkeshtam and Torugart), Kazakhstan (at Ak-jol, Ak-Tilek, Chaldybar, Chon-Kapka), Tajikistan (at Bor-Dobo, Kulundu, Kyzyl-Bel) and Uzbekistan (at Dostuk).
- eVisaHolders of written e-Visa approval issued by Immigration Authority can obtain a visa on arrival, provided holding a visa application form and e-Visa application payment receipt and holding an invitation letter from Nigerian company accepting immigration responsibilities.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 5 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Iraq.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
146 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Iraq. This requirement may be waived off if Iraqi citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa RequiredVisa on arrival if having an official "Businessmen card" issued by Jordan or an official letter confirming the attendance to a conference or workshop.
Visa on arrival holding a residence permit issued by a country whose citizens can obtain a visa on arrival(except Lebanon) for 1 month maximum stay.
Visa on arrival if traveling for medical treatment for Female or Male older than 50 years and younger than 15 years.
- Visa RequiredIraqi S series passports are unacceptable, and visas will not be endorsed in them.
Holders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Resident Return Visa may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival permitting indefinite stay (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements and obtaining an Electronic Travel Authority prior to departure.
Disagreements between Iraq and 1 destination have imposed restrictions in traveling to Iraq.
- Entry RefusedIn 1990, Iraq accused Kuwait of stealing Iraqi oil through slant drilling, however some Iraqi sources indicated Saddam Hussein's decision to attack Kuwait was made only a few months before the actual invasion. ... The state of Kuwait was annexed and proclaimed as Iraq's 19th province.
Passengers with a confirmation that a visa has been approved before departure can collect their original visa at immigration counter.
Information last updated on .