Visa Requirements for Indian Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of India
Freedom of Travel
Indian passport holders can travel to 2 destinations without a visa. Identify cards or passports may be required.
- Freedom Of MovementIndian nationals may also use their Voter ID card with photograph or Indian Passport to enter Nepal by air and land.
Indian citizens may live and work freely in Nepal under the terms of the 1950 Indo-Nepal Treaty of Peace and Friendship. This treaty is implemented in law through section 14 of the Nepal Immigration Act 1992, regulations 3, 20 and 44A of the Nepal Immigration Regulation 1994, and section 8.4 the Nepal Immigration Procedures 2008.
Visa Not Required
18 destinations allow visa-free entry to Indian citizens.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 20 destinations for passport holders of India.
Indian passport allows entry to 22 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 daysVisitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested such pre-visa from the consulates of Angola abroad, are then issued with a visa on arrival at the country's border check points.
For a maximum total stay of 90 days within a one year period.
Besides having printed confirmation that a visa will be issued upon arrival, passengers must: have a return/onward ticket, and have a hotel reservation confirmation.
- eVisa30 dayse-Visa will be valid for 120 days with the right to stay in Georgia up to 30 days during the validity period.
National visa may be substituted with a valid visa or residence permit issued by UA, UK, Japan, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, South Korea, Schengen, and GCC countries, whose holders may be granted visa-free entry for 90 days in any 180 days.
- eVisaElectronic visa holders must arrive via Manas International Airport or Osh Airport or through land crossings with China (at Irkeshtam and Torugart), Kazakhstan (at Ak-jol, Ak-Tilek, Chaldybar, Chon-Kapka), Tajikistan (at Bor-Dobo, Kulundu, Kyzyl-Bel) and Uzbekistan (at Dostuk).
Indian citizens with a residence permit issued by Bahrain, Brunei, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar or United Arab Emirates can obtain a visa on arrival at Bishkek Airport.
- eVisa30 daysVisa on arrival is also issued if arriving from Thailand, Singapore or Indonesia and holding a valid visa for any of those countries.
Multiple Entry e-Visa 30 days, until 31 December 2020
ENTRI to be applied on Official Website https://www.windowmalaysia.my
ENTRI: Processing Fee is USD 20 and it is not inclusive of convenience fee.
EVISA: Processing Fee is USD 25 only and Visa Fee is INR1150 *inclusive of convenience fee.
- eVisaMay obtain online eVisa through eligible authorized travel agencies or through local sponsors (Singapore citizen or permanent residents).
Indian nationals with valid visa from countries such as UK, US, Canada, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Germany and Switzerland who are in transit to or from any third country by air may be conditionally eligible for 96-hours Visa Free Transit Facility (VFTF).
eVisa / On Arrival
For 14 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of India.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at international airports Luangphabang, Pakse, Savannakhet and Vientiane, and at 4 land borders Friendship Bridge,
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through the following entry points — Wattay International Airport and the First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge
Entry points Lalai, Lantui, Meuang mom, Pakxan, and Phoudou are open only to visa holders.
Visa on arrival is extendable up to 60 days.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival28 dayseVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business (allowed stay is 70 days) purposes.
Visa on arrival can be issued for tourism at Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airport and is valid for 30 days.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
116 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of India. This requirement may be waived off if Indian citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa RequiredUnder the 24-hour TWOV policy, transit visa is not required for travelers who:
hold a passport valid for at least 3 months from the date of entry;
arrive by air, cruise ship or train (except for arriving at certain airports listed below);
hold confirmed air, cruise ship or train tickets to a third-country final destination.
depart Mainland China on a flight, cruise ship or train within 24 hours after arrival.
The 24-hour transit rule allows multiple stops within Mainland China for most airports, as long as the traveler has a flight, cruise or train segment leaving Mainland China in 24 hours, so it is possible to enter through a port of entry in China, take multiple segments of domestic flights within China, and depart from a different port of entry in less than 24 hours. Multi-stop transit is not allowed in some airports listed below.
Fuzhou Changle International Airport, Huangshan Tunxi International Airport, Mudanjiang Hailang Airport, Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport, Yanji Chaoyangchuan Airport
Urumqi Diwopu International Airport: Passengers in transit are permitted to remain in the airport for a maximum period of 2 hours. Multi-stop transit is not permitted. The airport also maintains an individual list of nationalities not eligible for visa-free transit.
- Visa RequiredMay transit without a visa
holders of a residence permit in Andorra, Canada, Japan, San Marino, and the United States
holders of a visa for stay in the states of the EEA and in Canada, Japan, Schengen, and the United States
family members of EU citizens
- Visa RequiredPassengers with a residence permit issued by a GCC Member State can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 30 days. The residence permit must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the arrival date.
If travelling as a part of an organized tourist group that consists of at least 10 persons and holding both onward and return flight tickets, booked accommodation and a signed Letter of Guarantee (LG) from an Egyptian travel agency, a visa on arrival in Egypt can be obtained
Air transit passengers with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight to a third country within 48 hours do not need visas; however, this exemption does not apply when transiting through Alexandria (HBE)
- Visa RequiredVisa not required if transiting with Air Astana (KC) at Almaty (ALA) or Astana (TSE) for a maximum stay of 72 hours with a stamped visa of the final country (until 31 December 2020).
Holders of invitation issued by the Migration Service of Kazakhstan can apply for a visa online since January 2019.
- Visa RequiredNational visa may be substituted with a valid ('C' or 'D') visa or a valid residence permit issued by a Schengen Area or European Union member state for visits up to 90 days.
Indian citizens can apply for a visa online without a need for an invitation letter.
eVisa is issued for maximum 90 days in any 180-day period.
- Visa RequiredNational visa may be substituted with a GCC visa of certain categories (managers, sales executives, etc.) if the visitor is coming directly from a GCC country via air or land. All passengers from India, who reside in or hold an entry visa to one of the following countries (US, Canada, Australia, UK and Schengen states) are allowed to obtain non-sponsored electronic tourist visa to enter Oman.
- Visa RequiredNational visa may be substituted with a valid US, Japanese, Australian, Canadian, Schengen, Singapore (including E Pass, S Pass, Work Permit, Student Pass, Dependant Pass) or UK visa or permanent resident permit whose holders may be granted visa-free entry for an initial stay not exceeding 14 days.
- Visa RequiredeVisa for up to 8 days for Amur Oblast, Chukotka, Kamchatka, Khabarovsk Krai, Primorye and Sakhalin regions of the Russian Far East for tourism, business and humanitarian purposes. Available at 6 airports, 5 seaports, some railway and road entry points.
Visa not required if visiting Saint Petersburg for up to 72 hours via ferry from Finland.
Indian citizens are eligible for eVisa access to Kaliningrad Oblast for up to 8 days.
Indian citizens are eligible for free evisa to St.Petersburg for up to 8 days. Valid only for direct international flights into Pulkovo Airport. Russian visa required, if there is a transit halt elsewhere in Russia .
- Visa RequiredTourist visa on arrival for holders of valid Schengen, UK and US visa. Visitors must arrive through national carrier of Saudi Arabia.
Visa on arrival if holding two or multiple entry short-stay valid visa issued by UK, US or a Schengen member state for stays of no more than 90 days.
Visitors can get visa on arrival at any international airport in Saudi Arabia but they must have a credit card to pay a fee amounting to SR440 (Dh431) as cash is not accepted. They will be allowed to stay for 90 days at a stretch and can enter the Kingdon of Saudi Arabia multiple times during the validity period of their visit visa.
- Visa RequiredUS valid visa or green card which is valid for a minimum of 6 months can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 14 days. They can apply to extend their stay for an additional 14 days.
Indian passport holder with a valid UK or EU residence permit can also avail visa on arrival for 14 days, which can also be extended.
Visitors normally require a sponsor but visas can also be arranged online through an airline if they are arriving on Air Arabia, Air Astana, Emirates, Etihad (and Air Baltic and Air Serbia), flydubai, Turkish Airlines and Indigo Airlines.
Information last updated on .