Visa Requirements for Indian Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of India
Freedom of Travel
Indian passport holders can travel to 2 destinations without a visa. Identify cards or passports may be required.
- Freedom Of MovementUnlimitedIndian nationals may also use their Voter ID card with photograph or Indian Passport to enter Nepal by air and land.
Indian citizens may live and work freely in Nepal under the terms of the 1950 Indo-Nepal Treaty of Peace and Friendship. This treaty is implemented in law through section 14 of the Nepal Immigration Act 1992, regulations 3, 20 and 44A of the Nepal Immigration Regulation 1994, and section 8.4 the Nepal Immigration Procedures 2008.
Visa Not Required
22 destinations allow visa-free entry to Indian citizens.
- Visa-Free30 daysAngola unilaterally exempted a visa to 98 countries including India on September 29.
30 days extendable once.
Visitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested a pre-visa from an Angolan consulate abroad are issued a visa upon arrival at the country's border crossings.
Maximum total stay of 90 days within a one-year period.
Visitors must have a return/onward ticket and a hotel reservation confirmation.
International Certificate of Vaccination required.
- Visa-Free14 daysVisa-free for tourism only; hotel reservation and confirmed return ticket required.
National visa may be substituted with a GCC visa of certain categories (managers, sales executives, etc.) if the visitor is coming directly from a GCC country via air or land. All passengers from India, who reside in or hold an entry visa to one of the following countries (US, Canada, Australia, UK and Schengen states) are allowed to obtain non-sponsored electronic tourist visa to enter Oman. Max stay 14 days.
- Visa-Free30 daysA visa waiver for a period of 30 days can be granted on arrival given the following conditions:
The passenger must have a confirmed return ticket.
Passengers MUST provide a confirmed hotel reservation booked through the Discover Qatar website ONLY for the entire duration of stay subject to minimum of two nights booking.
- Visa-Free30 daysThailand waived the visa from 10 Nov 2023 to 10 May 2024 for a stay upto 30 days.
Visa must be obtained at the first point of entry. Visa fee of 2000 THB is payable upon entry.
Passengers transiting through Suvarnabhumi/Don Mueang International Airport for less than 12 hours do not require a visa.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 14 destinations for passport holders of India.
Indian passport allows entry to 40 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisaVisa Exempt for person:
(a) having a valid residence permit in one of the Schengen countries, US or UK.
(b) having a valid multiple entry Schengen visa and the visa must have been used once in a Schengen area country.
(c) holding a 10-year UAE residence permit with a remaining validity of more than one year.
(d) holder of a valid multiple-entry US or UK visa, which must have been used once in the country of issuance.
- eVisa30 daysPassengers with a residence permit issued by a GCC Member State can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 30 days. The residence permit must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the arrival date.
If travelling as a part of an organized tourist group that consists of at least 10 persons and holding both onward and return flight tickets, booked accommodation and a signed Letter of Guarantee (LG) from an Egyptian travel agency, a visa on arrival in Egypt can be obtained
Air transit passengers with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight to a third country within 48 hours do not need visas. Leaving the airport is permitted for passengers with transit time between 6 and 48 hours. Passengers with transit time of less than 6 hours may leave the transit area but not the airport; however, this exemption does not apply when transiting through Alexandria (HBE).
EgyptAir passengers can obtain free 96 hour transit visa at EgyptAir transit visa office at cairo airport.
- eVisaReinstated from May 2023.
National visa may be substituted with a valid visa or residence permit issued by US, UK, Japan, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, South Korea, Ireland, Schengen, and GCC countries, whose holders may be granted visa-free entry for 90 days in any 180 days.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 14 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of India.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival14 days14 days to 1-year multiple-entry visa (max. stay 90 days).
Visa on arrival for Gulf Cooperation Council residents with a validity of more than 3 months and occupation should not be labourers.
Visa on arrival for holders of valid visit visa to UAE, UK, US, KSA (excluding Hajj & Umrah visa), Schengen or US Green Card for 2 weeks Single Entry or Three months Multiple Entry.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at Luangphabang, Pakse and Vientiane international airports, the 4 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through Luangphabang, Pakse and Vientiane international airports, 3 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges
Visa on arrival is extendable for an additional 60 days at the Department of Immigration in Vientiane.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival28 dayse-Visa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
e-Visa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business (allowed stay is 70 days) purposes.
Visa on arrival can be issued for tourism at Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airport and is valid for 30 days (1 year from August 30, 2023)
Pre-arranged Visa Required
100 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of India. This requirement may be waived off if Indian citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa RequiredUnder the 24-hour TWOV policy, transit visa is not required for travelers who:
hold a passport valid for at least 3 months from the date of entry;
arrive by air, cruise ship or train (except for arriving at certain airports listed below);
hold confirmed air, cruise ship or train tickets to a third-country final destination.
depart Mainland China on a flight, cruise ship or train within 24 hours after arrival.
The 24-hour transit rule allows multiple stops within Mainland China for most airports, as long as the traveler has a flight, cruise or train segment leaving Mainland China in 24 hours, so it is possible to enter through a port of entry in China, take multiple segments of domestic flights within China, and depart from a different port of entry in less than 24 hours. Multi-stop transit is not allowed in some airports listed below.
Fuzhou Changle International Airport, Huangshan Tunxi International Airport, Mudanjiang Hailang Airport, Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport, Yanji Chaoyangchuan Airport
Urumqi Diwopu International Airport: Passengers in transit are permitted to remain in the airport for a maximum period of 2 hours. Multi-stop transit is not permitted. The airport also maintains an individual list of nationalities not eligible for visa-free transit.
- Visa RequiredNational visa may be substituted with a UK C visa holders if they have first entered the United Kingdom and have been granted a stay of 180 days in the United Kingdom. They are visa exempt for a maximum stay of 90 days in Ireland or until the end of the period of stay granted in the United Kingdom, whichever is shorter. Entry permitted only if first point of entry to the Common Travel Area is in the UK.
- Visa RequiredVisa fee is refunded if any case visa is rejected.
Visa fee INR 510 only for Indian citizens.
Residents in Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, Mongolia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan, UAE, UK, US can apply single entry eVisa for Tourism purposes only (unless arriving by boat).
- Visa RequiredNational visa may be substituted with a valid ('C' or 'D') visa or a valid residence permit issued by a Schengen Area or European Union member state for visits up to 90 days.
Indian citizens can apply for a visa online without a need for an invitation letter.
e-Visa is issued for maximum of 90 days in any 180-day period.
- Visa RequiredHolders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Resident Return Visa may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival permitting indefinite stay (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements and obtaining an Electronic Travel Authority prior to departure.
- Visa RequiredTourist visa on arrival for holders of valid Schengen, UK and US visa. Visitors must arrive through national carrier of Saudi Arabia.
Visa on arrival if holding two or multiple entry short-stay valid visa issued by UK, US or a Schengen member state for stays of no more than 90 days.
Saudi arabia announced 96 hour free transit visa for passengers of saudia or flynas when stopver the country valid for 90 days.
Visitors can get visa on arrival at any international airport in Saudi Arabia but they must have a credit card to pay a fee amounting to SR440 (Dh431) as cash is not accepted. They will be allowed to stay for 90 days at a stretch and can enter the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia multiple times during the validity period of their visit visa.
- Visa RequiredVisa required from January 1, 2023
National visa may be substituted by a valid visa OR residence permit issued by any EU member state, Schengen Area member state, UK, or US, for a period not exceeding 90 days in a 180 day period and within the validity of the visa or residence permit.
- Visa RequiredMay obtain online e-Service through eligible authorized travel agencies
Indian nationals with valid visa from countries such as Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, New Zealand, UK, US and Switzerland who are in transit to or from any third country by air may be conditionally eligible for 96-hours Visa-Free Transit Facility (VFTF).
- Visa RequiredTourist/Transit visa for 30 days may be granted to permanent residents or valid visa holders of US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Schengen countries when they are travelling from or travelling to any of these countries and satisfy the conditions mentioned here https://overseas.mofa.go.kr/in-en/brd/m_20446/view.do?seq=748786&page=1.
- Visa RequiredHolder of valid US visa or green card which is valid for a minimum of 6 months can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 14 days for AED120 (subject to change). They can apply to extend their stay for an additional 14 days for AED250 (subject to change).
Indian passport holder with a valid UK or EU residence permit can also obtain a visa on arrival for 14 days, which can be extended.
Visitors normally require a sponsor but visas can also be arranged online through an airline if they are arriving on Air Arabia, Air Astana, Emirates, Etihad (and Air Baltic and Air Serbia), flydubai, Turkish Airlines, and Indigo Airlines.
May apply using 'Smart service'.
Information last updated on .