Visa Requirements for Hungarian Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Hungary
Freedom of Travel
Hungarian passport holders can travel to 30 destinations without a visa. Identify cards or passports may be required.
Visa Not Required
84 destinations allow visa-free entry to Hungarian citizens.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 10 destinations for passport holders of Hungary.
- Visa On Arrival1 monthExtendable for 2 additional months
Granted free of charge at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal, holding a telephone number, an address in Lebanon, and a non refundable return or circle trip ticket.
Hungarian passport allows entry to 27 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 days30 days extendable once.
Visitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested a pre-visa from an Angolan consulate abroad are issued a visa upon arrival at the country's border crossings.
Maximum total stay of 90 days within a one-year period.
Visitors must have a return/onward ticket and a hotel reservation confirmation.
International Certificate of Vaccination required.
- eVisa60 dayse-Visa holders must arrive via 26 designated airports
An Indian e-Tourist Visa can only be obtained twice in one calendar year.
Foreigners of Pakistani origin or who hold a Pakistani Passport are not eligible for an e-Visa. Foreigners who are not Pakistani nationals, but whose parents or grandparents (either paternal or maternal) were born in, or were permanent residents in Pakistan, are also not eligible for an eVisa.
- eVisa3 monthsInternational Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy must be paid upon requesting an Electronic Travel Authority.
Holders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Resident Return Visa may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival permitting indefinite stay (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements and obtaining an Electronic Travel Authority prior to departure.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 21 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Hungary.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at Luangphabang, Pakse and Vientiane international airports, the 4 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through Luangphabang, Pakse and Vientiane international airports, 3 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges
Visa on arrival is extendable for an additional 60 days at the Department of Immigration in Vientiane.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 dayseVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business (allowed stay is 70 days) purposes.
Visa on arrival may be obtainted at Yangon International Airport, Nay Pyi Taw International Airport or Mandalay International Airport.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival90 daysEffective August 1, 2023, an ESTA approval for Hungarian passport holders is valid for one year (or upon passport expiration, if sooner) and for one entry to the United States. Hungarian passport holders born outside of Hungary are ineligible for ESTA and require a valid visa to travel to the United States.
On arrival from overseas; ESTA required if arriving by air or cruise ship.
Visa required if the person visited Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria, Libya, Somalia or Yemen after March 1, 2011, or if he/she also holds citizenship in any of these countries.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
20 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Hungary. This requirement may be waived off if Hungarian citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa Required24-hour visa-free transit through China (unless arriving in Fuzhou, Huangshan, Mudanjiang, Shenzhen or Yanji).
72-hour visa-free transit through Changsha, Guilin and Harbin.
144-hour visa-free transit through Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Jieyang, Kunming, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qinhuangdao, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Shijiazhuang, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen and Xi'an.
Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan count as third countries under the 24, 72 and 144-hours transit without visa (TWOV) policies.
Information last updated on .