Visa Requirements for Hong Konger Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Hong Kong
Visa Not Required
108 destinations allow visa-free entry to Hong Konger citizens.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 19 destinations for passport holders of Hong Kong.
- Visa On Arrival1 month1 month extendable for 2 additional months
Granted free of charge at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal, holding a telephone number, an address in Lebanon, and a non refundable return or circle trip ticket.
Hong Konger passport allows entry to 14 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisaElectronic visa holders must arrive via Manas International Airport or Osh Airport or through land crossings with China (at Irkeshtam and Torugart), Kazakhstan (at Ak-jol, Ak-Tilek, Chaldybar, Chon-Kapka), Tajikistan (at Bor-Dobo, Kulundu, Kyzyl-Bel) and Uzbekistan (at Dostuk).
- eVisa30 daysDue to SARS-CoV-2, Vietnamese government was stopped issuing the travel visas to the ordinary passport holders of Chinese citizens, including Hong Kong and Macau SAR passport holders. The e-visa application has been resumed for application to Hong Kong and Macau Chinese passport holders from 8 February 2020.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 12 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Hong Kong.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at international airports Luangphabang, Pakse, Savannakhet and Vientiane, and at 4 land borders Friendship Bridge,
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through the following entry points — Wattay International Airport and the First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge
Entry points Lalai, Lantui, Meuang mom, Pakxan, and Phoudou are open only to visa holders.
Visa on arrival is extendable up to 60 days.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
36 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Hong Kong. This requirement may be waived off if Hong Konger citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
In order to trave to 1 destination, passport holders of Hong Kong must meet special conditions, and may not be allowed to enter at all.
- Special RequirementsEntry to Mainland China cannot be on a HKSAR passport. However, all eligible for a HKSAR passport are also eligible to apply for a separate Mainland Travel Permit(MTP), otherwise and previously known as a home return permit, allowing the holder to enter and stay in Mainland China for indefinite period until its expiry (as a tourist/ for business, those who wish to take up employment or studies need to apply for separate study/ work permits in addition to their MTP.) Issuance of the MTP however is not guaranteed for all Chinese citizens of Hong Kong and is at the sole discretion of the Bureau of Exit and Entry Administration of the Ministry of Public Security of China.
Disagreements between Hong Kong and 3 destinations have imposed restrictions in traveling to Hong Kong.
Information last updated on .