Visa Requirements for Greek Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Greece
Freedom of Travel
Greek passport holders can travel to 30 destinations without a visa. Identify cards or passports may be required.
Visa Not Required
83 destinations allow visa-free entry to Greek citizens.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 15 destinations for passport holders of Greece.
- Visa On Arrival1 monthExtendable for 2 additional months
Granted free of charge at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal, holding a telephone number, an address in Lebanon, and a non refundable return or circle trip ticket.
Greek passport allows entry to 18 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 days30 days extendable once.
Visitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested a pre-visa from an Angolan consulate abroad are issued a visa upon arrival at the country's border crossings.
Maximum total stay of 90 days within a one-year period.
Visitors must have a return/onward ticket and a hotel reservation confirmation.
International Certificate of Vaccination required.
- eVisa28 dayseVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business (allowed stay is 70 days) purposes.
- eVisa3 monthsOnly Greek passports issued by the Passport Division of the Hellenic Police on and after 1 January 2006 are acceptable. Passports issued before this date are unacceptable, and visas will not be endorsed in them.
International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy must be paid upon requesting an Electronic Travel Authority.
Holders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Resident Return Visa may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival permitting indefinite stay (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements and obtaining an Electronic Travel Authority prior to departure.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 20 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Greece.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival90 daysOn arrival from overseas; ESTA (valid for 2 years when issued) required if arriving by air or cruise ship.
Visa required – Nationals of VWP countries who have travelled to or been present in Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria on or after March 1, 2011 (with limited exceptions for travel for diplomatic or military purposes in the service of a VWP country). United States Begins Implementation of Changes to the Visa Waiver Program
Pre-arranged Visa Required
26 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Greece. This requirement may be waived off if Greek citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa Required24-hour visa-free transit through China (unless arriving in Fuzhou, Huangshan, Mudanjiang, Shenzhen or Yanji).
72-hour visa-free transit through Changsha, Guilin and Harbin.
144-hour visa-free transit through Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Jieyang, Kunming, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qinhuangdao, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Shijiazhuang, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen and Xi'an.
Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan count as third countries under the 24, 72 and 144-hours transit without visa (TWOV) policies.
All TWOV programs are currently suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Information last updated on .