Visa Requirements for Egyptian Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Egypt
Visa Not Required
16 destinations allow visa-free entry to Egyptian citizens.
- Visa-FreeVisa free entry is permitted for the period between 1 May 2022 to 30 September 2022 (for up to 90 days).
Also visa free for a maximum stay of 90 days within 180 days for valid visa holders or residents of the Schengen Area member states, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 21 destinations for passport holders of Egypt.
- Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry only if they are holding a copy of a reservation in a 3 to 5 star hotel or private residential address with telephone number in the Republic of Lebanon, at least US$2,000 in cash, a non-refundable return or circle trip ticket, and there are no Israeli stamps, visas, or seals on their passport.
Egyptian passport allows entry to 20 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisaElectronic visa holders must arrive via Manas International Airport or Osh Airport or through land crossings with China (at Irkeshtam and Torugart), Kazakhstan (at Ak-jol, Ak-Tilek, Chaldybar, Chon-Kapka), Tajikistan (at Bor-Dobo, Kulundu, Kyzyl-Bel) and Uzbekistan (at Dostuk).
eVisa / On Arrival
For 9 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Egypt.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at Luangphabang, Pakse, Savannakhet and Vientiane international airports, the 4 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges,
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through Wattay International Airport and the First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge
The Lalai, Lantui, Meuang mom, Pakxan, and Phoudou border crossings are open only to visa holders.
Visa on arrival is extendable up to 60 days.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
126 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Egypt. This requirement may be waived off if Egyptian citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa RequiredHolders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Resident Return Visa may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival permitting indefinite stay (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements and obtaining an Electronic Travel Authority prior to departure.
- Visa RequiredEgyptian passengers younger than 45 years or older than 20 years must obtain a visa in advance. They can obtain a visa on arrival only if holding a valid visa or residence permit from Schengen Area countries, Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States.
Egyptian passengers older than 45 years or younger than 20 years can obtain e-visa.
Information last updated on .