Visa Requirements for Egyptian Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Egypt
Visa Not Required
17 destinations allow visa-free entry to Egyptian citizens.
- Visa-FreeVisa free entry is permitted for the period between 1 May 2022 to 30 September 2022 (for up to 90 days).
Also visa free for a maximum stay of 90 days within 180 days for valid visa holders or residents of the Schengen Area member states, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- Visa-Free30 daysCitizens of the Arab Republic of Egypt, holders of valid passports may, in the period from 30 July to 30 September 2022, enter, transit through the territory and stay in the territory of the Republic of Serbia without a visa, up to 30 days, provided that they are traveling as part of an organized tourist group and that they have a receipt of the paid travel package, proof of having secured return to the country of origin and an invitation letter from the travel agency from the Republic of Serbia which is organizing the trip.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 22 destinations for passport holders of Egypt.
- Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry only if they are holding a copy of a reservation in a 3 to 5 star hotel or private residential address with telephone number in the Republic of Lebanon, at least US$2,000 in cash, a non-refundable return or circle trip ticket, and there are no Israeli stamps, visas, or seals on their passport.
Egyptian passport allows entry to 24 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisaVisa not required for holders of EU member states and non-EU Schengen states visas and residence permits, for 90 calendar days in any 180-day period. For the purpose of entering and staying in Georgia without visa, a visa and/or a residence permit of a respective country shall be valid on the day of entry into Georgia (crossing the border), which must be evidenced by a travel and/or other appropriate document.
Visa not required for holders of U.S. permanent resident card up to 90 days eVisa must be obtained online or at arrival.
Visa not required for holders of GGC permanent resident (Iqama) up to 90 days from arrival.
- eVisaElectronic visa holders must arrive via Manas International Airport or Osh Airport or through land crossings with China (at Irkeshtam and Torugart), Kazakhstan (at Ak-jol, Ak-Tilek, Chaldybar, Chon-Kapka), Tajikistan (at Bor-Dobo, Kulundu, Kyzyl-Bel) and Uzbekistan (at Dostuk).
eVisa / On Arrival
For 9 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Egypt.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at Luangphabang, Pakse, Savannakhet and Vientiane international airports, the 4 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges,
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through Wattay International Airport and the First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge.
The Lalai, Lantui, Meuang mom, Pakxan, and Phoudou border crossings are open only to visa holders.
Visa on arrival is extendable up to 60 days.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
120 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Egypt. This requirement may be waived off if Egyptian citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa RequiredVisa required unless if holder of a valid multiple entry Schengen member state visa or resident permit, EU member state visa or resident permit, or USA visa or resident permit.
Holders of diplomatic and special missions passports are exempt from entry visa.
- Visa RequiredVisa required unless holder of valid visa or resident permits of the United States, Schengen Area/EU, UK, Canada or Japan. Purpose of visit must by tourism, study or a business trip. Duration of stay doesn't exceed 180 days. You cannot receive any remuneration from Mexico at all.
- Visa RequiredVisa is required unless holder of a valid Schengen visa, a valid visa of Commonwealth of Australia, the Republic of Bulgaria, the Republic of Croatia, Japan, Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, Romania, the United States of America and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland may enter, pass through the territory and stay in Montenegro up to 30 days, and not longer than the expiry of visa if the period of validity of the visa is less than 30 days (as per Article 7 of the decree on visa regime).
Egyptian passport holders "with a residence permit in the countries of the Schengen zone, Commonwealth of Australia, the Republic of Bulgaria, the Republic of Croatia, Japan, Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, Romania, the United States of America and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland or with Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Business Travel Cards issued by the member countries of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) may enter, pass through the territory of and stay in Montenegro up to 30 days, and not longer than the expiry of the validity of the residence permit or APEC Business Travel Card, if the period of validity is less than 30 days" (Article 7, Decree on visa Regime, Source: wapi.gov.me).
- Visa RequiredHolders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Resident Return Visa may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival permitting indefinite stay (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements and obtaining an Electronic Travel Authority prior to departure.
- Visa RequiredVisa required unless passport holder has a valid Schengen, UK or USA visas. Egyptian passport holders with valid Schengen, UK or US visas can apply for a visa on arrival at As of September 2022, holders of EU resident permits will be able to apply for visa on arrival as well.
- Visa RequiredVisa required unless if passport holder has a valid Schengen or USA, UK, Ireland visa or residence permit. They can obtain a 30-day single-entry e-Visas via www.evisa.gov.tr, provided that they have and that they travel to Turkey with Turkish Airlines or Egypt Air.
Also Egyptian ordinary passport holders who are under 20 or over 45 years old can obtain e-visa.
Note: Egyptian passengers younger than 45 years or older than 20 years must obtain a visa in advance.
Diplomatic and Special missions passport holders are exempted from visa for their travels up to 90 days.
Information last updated on .