Visa Requirements for Chinese Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of China
Visa Not Required
34 destinations allow visa-free entry to Chinese citizens.
- Visa-Free14 daysKazakhstan has granted the nationals of India, Iran, China a right to stay for 14 days in the country without having to get a visa, the country’s Interior Ministry said."From July 8, 2022, Kazakhstan is unilaterally opening a visa-free regime for citizens of India, Iran and China," the ministry said in a statement.The 14-day visa-free stay allows travel for personal, business and tourist purposes. Visa-free stays can’t last a total of 42 days during every 180 days.Work or any other activity for payment is prohibited during the period.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 19 destinations for passport holders of China.
Chinese passport allows entry to 20 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 daysVisitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested a pre-visa from an Angolan consulate abroad are issued a visa upon arrival at the country's border crossings.
Maximum total stay of 90 days within a one-year period.
Visitors must have a return/onward ticket and a hotel reservation confirmation.
International Certificate of Vaccination required.
- eVisaElectronic visa holders must arrive via Manas International Airport or Osh Airport or through land crossings with China (at Irkeshtam and Torugart), Kazakhstan (at Ak-jol, Ak-Tilek, Chaldybar, Chon-Kapka), Tajikistan (at Bor-Dobo, Kulundu, Kyzyl-Bel) and Uzbekistan (at Dostuk).
- eVisaHolders of passports for diplomatic, service, public affairs do not require a visa.
Singapore grants a 96-hour Visa-Free Transit Facility (VFTF)for Chinese citizens (entering Singapore) that possess a valid visa or long-term pass from 8 countries. Passengers must have a valid onward air/ferry/cruise ticket departing Singapore within 96 hours.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 20 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of China.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrivalup to 90 daysVisa on arrival is obtainable only at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
eVisa holders must arrive via Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
eVisas are available for 30 or 90 days.
Visa free for holders of passports for public affairs.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at Luangphabang, Pakse, Savannakhet and Vientiane international airports, the 4 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges,
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through Wattay International Airport and the First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge
The Lalai, Lantui, Meuang mom, Pakxan, and Phoudou border crossings are open only to visa holders.
Visa on arrival is extendable up to 60 days.
Holders of passports for public affairs do not require a visa.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival28/30 dayseVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business (allowed stay is 70 days) purposes.
Visa on arrival can be issued at Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airport and is valid for 30 days.
Residents in bordering provinces can apply for an entry-exit pass that work with their automated border control system to expedite crossing
Pre-arranged Visa Required
99 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of China. This requirement may be waived off if Chinese citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa RequiredElectronic Travel Authorization will only be issued to those who already possess a U.S. or Schengen visa. It must be approved before travel and is valid for tourism purposes.
As of 1 October 2017, visas are issued with a 10-year validity period.
Argentinian Ministry of Foreign Affairs website states that visa is required for Chinese citizens visiting Argentina.
- Visa RequiredNo transit visa is required if transiting through Calgary, Montreal Trudeau (Air Canada Flights only), Toronto Pearson (Terminal 1 only), Vancouver International or Winnipeg Airports to or from the United States within 24 hours of arrival while holding valid US visa and travelling on airlines that take part in China Transit Program. Need to departure through certain Asian airports if travelling to the United States. Need not to be under a removal or deportation order or staying in the United States longer than the authorized time if leaving the United States. eTA is required for transiting US permanent residents.
Visa is not required for permanent residents of the United States. An eTA is required by permanent residents of US if travelling by air.
- Visa RequiredHolders of valid double or multiple entry Schengen visa or Bulgarian, Croatian and Romanian, as well as residence permits issued by Schengen Member States or by Bulgaria, Croatia and Romania, are not required to hold a short-stay visa to enter the Republic of Cyprus for a time period that does not exceed 90 days in any 180 day period.
- Visa RequiredHolders of a visa issued by Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Romania and any Schengen Area country can obtain a Tourist Card on arrival for a maximum stay of 30 days. United Kingdom residents can obtain a Tourist Card on arrival for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- Visa RequiredNational visa may be substituted with a valid visa issued by a Schengen Area member state, the United States, Canada or United Kingdom for stays up to 15 days if the visa is valid for at least five days beyond the period of intended stay in North Macedonia. *Holders of passports for public affairs do not require a visa.
- Visa RequiredNational visa may be substituted with a valid visa issued by a Schengen Area member state, the United Kingdom, Ireland or the United States or permanent residence documents of a Schengen Area member state, the United Kingdom, Ireland or the United States for up to 30 days per stay for tourism and business.
- Visa RequiredMay enter using eGate.
Holders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Resident Return Visa may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival permitting indefinite stay (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements and obtaining an Electronic Travel Authority prior to departure.
- Visa RequiredNational visa may be substituted with a valid visa issued by the United States, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom or a Schengen Area member state or permanent residence documents of the United States, Canada, European Union or Australia for up to 180 days per stay for tourism and business.
- Visa RequiredChinese citizens who do receive a visa are normally issued "120-month multiple-entry combination B1/B2 visas."
Ten-year multiple-entry B visa holders must provide updates through the Electronic Visa Update System (EVUS) every two years.
Visa not required for Northern Mariana Islands.
- Visa RequiredNational visa may be substituted with a valid visa issued by the United States, Canada or a European Union member state for stays up to 90 days when arriving via Montevideo airport or Montevideo and Colonia ports.
Holders of passports for public affairs do not require a visa.
Information last updated on .