Visa Requirements for Chinese Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of China
Visa Not Required
32 destinations allow visa-free entry to Chinese citizens.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 20 destinations for passport holders of China.
- Visa On ArrivalAccording to Egyptian diplomatic missions in China, Chinese citizens can apply for a visa on arrival since 19 July 2016 and can stay for up 30 days. However, according to IATA, Chinese citizens are visa exempt for 30 days if they hold a return ticket, a reservation in a 4 or 5 star hotel, and US$2000.
Chinese passport allows entry to 18 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 daysVisitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested such pre-visa from the consulates of Angola abroad, are then issued with a visa on arrival at the country's border check points.
For a maximum total stay of 90 days within a one year period.
Besides having printed confirmation that a visa will be issued upon arrival, passengers must: have a return/onward ticket, and have a hotel reservation confirmation.
- eVisaElectronic visa holders must arrive via Manas International Airport or Osh Airport or through land crossings with China (at Irkeshtam and Torugart), Kazakhstan (at Ak-jol, Ak-Tilek, Chaldybar, Chon-Kapka), Tajikistan (at Bor-Dobo, Kulundu, Kyzyl-Bel) and Uzbekistan (at Dostuk).
- eVisaHolders of passports for public affairs do not require a visa.
Since 28 January 2019, Singapore has granted a 96-hour visa-free transit facility for Chinese citizens entering Singapore. Passengers in transit can apply for VFTF at check-in counter without charge.
Between February and June 2020, passengers who have been in China in the past 14 days and all Chinese citizens were not allowed to transit or enter Singapore, and all visas issued were no longer vaild. A separate green lane was opened for business and essential travelling in June 2020.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 20 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of China.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrivalup to 90 daysVisa on arrival is obtainable only at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
eVisa holders must arrive via Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
eVisas are available for 30 or 90 days.
Visa free for holders of passports for public affairs.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at international airports Luangphabang, Pakse, Savannakhet and Vientiane, and at 4 land borders Friendship Bridge,
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through the following entry points — Wattay International Airport and the First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge
Entry points Lalai, Lantui, Meuang mom, Pakxan, and Phoudou are open only to visa holders.
Visa on arrival is extendable up to 60 days.
Holders of passports for public affairs do not require a visa.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival28/30 dayseVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business (allowed stay is 70 days) purposes.
Visa on arrival can be issued at Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airport and is valid for 30 days.
Residents in bordering provinces can apply for an entry-exit pass that work with their automated border control system to expedite crossing
Pre-arranged Visa Required
97 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of China. This requirement may be waived off if Chinese citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa RequiredNo transit visa is required if transiting through Calgary, Montreal Trudeau (Air Canada Flights only), Toronto Pearson (Terminal 1 only), Vancouver International or Winnipeg Airports to or from the United States within 24 hours of arrival while holding valid US visa and travelling on airlines that take part in China Transit Program. Need to departure through certain Asian airports if travelling to the United States. Need not to be under a removal or deportation order or staying in the United States longer than the authorized time if leaving the United States. eTA is required for transiting US permanent residents.
Visa is not required for permanent residents of the United States. An eTA is required by permanent residents of US if travelling by air.
- Visa RequiredHolders of valid double or multiple entry Schengen visa or Bulgarian, Croatian and Romanian, as well as residence permits issued by Schengen Member States or by Bulgaria, Croatia and Romania, are not required to hold a short-stay visa to enter the Republic of Cyprus for a time period that does not exceed 90 days in any 180 day period.
- Visa RequiredHolders of a visa issued by Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Romania and any Schengen Area country can obtain a Tourist Card on arrival for a maximum stay of 30 days. United Kingdom residents can obtain a Tourist Card on arrival for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- Visa RequiredNational visa may be substituted with a valid visa issued by a Schengen Area member state, the United States, Canada or United Kingdom for stays up to 15 days if the visa is valid for at least five days beyond the period of intended stay in North Macedonia. *Holders of passports for public affairs do not require a visa.
- Visa RequiredNational visa may be substituted with a valid visa issued by a Schengen Area member state, the United Kingdom, Ireland or the United States or permanent residence documents of a Schengen Area member state, the United Kingdom, Ireland or the United States for up to 30 days per stay for tourism and business.
- Visa RequiredMay enter using eGate.
Holders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Resident Return Visa may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival permitting indefinite stay (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements and obtaining an Electronic Travel Authority prior to departure.
- Visa RequiredNational visa may be substituted with a valid visa issued by the United States, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom or a Schengen Area member state or permanent residence documents of the United States, Canada, European Union or Australia for up to 180 days per stay for tourism and business.
- Visa RequiredFrom February 4, passengers who have been in Hubei Province, China in the past 14 days and Nationals of China who reside or have been in Hubei Province or have a passport issued in Hubei Province are not allowed to transit or enter South Korea.
Starting on 10 February 2020, all Chinese nationals wishing to enter South Korea (except Hong Kong passport holders and Macao passport holders) are required to obtain a South Korean transit visa.
Visa is not required for US Green card holders when in transit to/from US and a third country for a stay of 30 days.
- Visa RequiredChinese citizens who do receive a visa are normally issued "120-month multiple-entry combination B1/B2 visas."
Ten-year multiple-entry B visa holders must provide updates through the Electronic Visa Update System (EVUS) every two years.
Visa not required for Northern Mariana Islands.
- Visa RequiredNational visa may be substituted with a valid visa issued by the United States, Canada or a European Union member state for stays up to 90 days when arriving via Montevideo airport or Montevideo and Colonia ports.
Holders of passports for public affairs do not require a visa.
Disagreements between China and 5 destinations have imposed restrictions in traveling to China.
- Entry RefusedHolders of passports for public affairs do not require a visa.
Visa collection on arrival can be arranged online through travel agencies and are available at Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Nha Trang and Phu Quoc airports.
Due to SARS-CoV-2, Vietnamese government stops issuing the travel visa to the normal passport holders of Chinese citizens. The visa policy would be reviewed at mid-February 2020.
Information last updated on .