Visa Requirements for Canadian Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Canada
Visa Not Required
112 destinations allow visa-free entry to Canadian citizens.
- Visa-Free30 days30 days extendable once.
Visitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested a pre-visa from an Angolan consulate abroad are issued a visa upon arrival at the country's border crossings.
Maximum total stay of 90 days within a one-year period.
Visitors must have a return/onward ticket and a hotel reservation confirmation.
International Certificate of Vaccination required.
- Visa-Free30 days30 day visa free access available to travellers that arrive and depart via Minsk International Airport and are not arriving from or planning to depart to a Russian Federation airport.
The Canadian government advises its citizens not to visit Belarus due to the risk of arbitrary enforcement of local laws and the armed conflict between Russia and Ukraine.
- Visa-Free90 days90 days within any 180-day period in the Schengen Area (in the Regions of France), with ETIAS.
A Canadian passport is not required for visa-free travel to the French overseas territory of Saint Pierre et Miquelon; an identification document (e.g. driver's licence or Secure Certificate of Indian Status) can be used instead.
- Visa-Free6 monthsESTA exempt. Canada passport holders do not have to get a ESTA
6 month stay rather than typical 90 day VWP stay
Canada is not a Visa Waiver Program country, the permission to travel is from US immigration law.
Canadian Passport required and must be valid for the period of intended stay.
Canadian Passport exemptions only for nationals of Canada with a NEXUS card embarking in Canada or USA.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 16 destinations for passport holders of Canada.
- Visa On Arrival60 daysCanadian citizens can now obtain a visa on arrival at Iraq’s airports, land and sea crossings for 60 days, for a fee of 75 US Dollar.
Visa on arrival for 15 days at Erbil and Sulaymaniyah airports.
The Canadian government advises its citizens not to visit Iraq due to the volatile security situation.
- Visa On Arrival1 monthExtendable for 2 additional months; granted free of charge at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal, holding a telephone number, an address in Lebanon, and a non-refundable return or circle trip ticket.
Canadian passport allows entry to 24 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa28 dayseVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business (allowed stay is 70 days) purposes.
The Canadian government advises its citizens not to visit Myanmar due to the risk of politically motivated violence and civil unrest.
- eVisa3 monthsMay enter using eGate.
International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy must be paid upon requesting an Electronic Travel Authority.
Holders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Resident Return Visa may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival permitting indefinite stay (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements and obtaining an Electronic Travel Authority prior to departure.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 18 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Canada.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at Luangphabang, Pakse and Vientiane international airports, the 4 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through Luangphabang, Pakse and Vientiane international airports, 3 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges
Visa on arrival is extendable for an additional 60 days at the Department of Immigration in Vientiane.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
23 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Canada. This requirement may be waived off if Canadian citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa Required72-hour visit without a visa when in transit at Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Guangzhou, Guilin, Harbin, Kunming, Qingdao, Wuhan, Xi'an and Xiamen.
144-hour visit without a visa when in transit through Beijing Capital International Airport, Dalian, Hangzhou, Shijiazhuang Zhengding International Airport in Hebei, Nanjing, Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport and Shanghai Pudong International Airport, Shanghai Railway Station and the Port of Shanghai; Shenyang and Tianjin Binhai International Airport
Visas for Canadian citizens are valid for up to 9 years and 11 months.
- Visa Required90 daysTourist card is generally included in airfare, with most Canadians unaware that they need a tourist visa for Cuba due to the tourist card being handed out on flights, but it can also be purchased from the airline transporting the passenger into Cuba and must be obtained before taking a flight that will land in Cuba.
Tourist card is valid up to 90 days stay for Canadian citizens.
- Visa RequiredCanadian citizens who want to travel to Iran, need to do so with a fully organized tour. Applying for an Iranian visa without booking a complete tour from a local travel agency will result in getting rejected by the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). Tourists for Kish Island do not require a visa for a total of 14 days.
The Canadian government advises its citizens not to visit Iran due to the volatile security situation, the regional threat of terrorism and the possibility of arbitrary detention
- Visa RequiredCruise ship passengers cruising in and out of a Russian port within 72 hours, who spend each night on board, and who only leave the ship on tours organized by the cruise company, do not require a tourist visa.
The Canadian government advises its citizens not to visit Russia due to the Russo-Ukrainian War.
Information last updated on .