Visa Requirements for Canadian Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Canada
Visa Not Required
104 destinations allow visa-free entry to Canadian citizens.
- Visa-Free90 days90 days within any 180 day period in the Schengen Area (in Regions of France)
A Canadian passport is not required for visa-free travel to the French overseas territory of Saint Pierre et Miquelon; instead, an identification document (e.g. driver's licence or Secure Certificate of Indian Status) can be used
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 22 destinations for passport holders of Canada.
- Visa On Arrival1 monthExtendable for 2 additional months; granted free of charge at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal, holding a telephone number, an address in Lebanon, and a non refundable return or circle trip ticket.
- Visa On Arrival90 daysVisa on arrival issued only at Silvio Pettirossi International Airport in Asunción for incoming travellers. Reciprocity fee of US$150 must be paid upon arrival. Travellers arriving otherwise (e.g. at a land border) must have obtained their visa prior to arrival.
Canadian passport allows entry to 15 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 daysVisitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested such pre-visa from the consulates of Angola abroad, are then issued with a visa on arrival at the country's border check points.
For a maximum total stay of 90 days within a one year period.
Besides having printed confirmation that a visa will be issued upon arrival, passengers must: have a return/onward ticket, and have a hotel reservation confirmation.
- eVisa28 dayseVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business (allowed stay is 70 days) purposes.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 21 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Canada.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at international airports Luangphabang, Pakse, Savannakhet and Vientiane, and at 4 land borders Friendship Bridge,
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through the following entry points — Wattay International Airport and the First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge
Entry points Lalai, Lantui, Meuang mom, Pakxan, and Phoudou are open only to visa holders.
Visa on arrival is extendable up to 60 days.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
30 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Canada. This requirement may be waived off if Canadian citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
Information last updated on .