Visa Requirements for Canadian Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Canada
Visa Not Required
108 destinations allow visa-free entry to Canadian citizens.
- Visa-Free90 days90 days within any 180-day period in the Schengen Area (in the Regions of France), with ETIAS.
A Canadian passport is not required for visa-free travel to the French overseas territory of Saint Pierre et Miquelon; an identification document (e.g. driver's licence or Secure Certificate of Indian Status) can be used instead.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 24 destinations for passport holders of Canada.
- Visa On Arrival1 monthExtendable for 2 additional months; granted free of charge at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal, holding a telephone number, an address in Lebanon, and a non-refundable return or circle trip ticket.
Canadian passport allows entry to 19 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 days30 days extendable once.
Visitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested a pre-visa from an Angolan consulate abroad are issued a visa upon arrival at the country's border crossings.
Maximum total stay of 90 days within a one-year period.
Visitors must have a return/onward ticket and a hotel reservation confirmation.
International Certificate of Vaccination required.
- eVisa28 dayseVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business (allowed stay is 70 days) purposes.
- eVisa3 monthsMay enter using eGate.
International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy must be paid upon requesting an Electronic Travel Authority.
Holders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Resident Return Visa may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival permitting indefinite stay (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements and obtaining an Electronic Travel Authority prior to departure.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 14 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Canada.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at Luangphabang, Pakse, Savannakhet and Vientiane international airports, the 4 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges,
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through Wattay International Airport and the First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge.
The Lalai, Lantui, Meuang mom, Pakxan, and Phoudou border crossings are open only to visa holders.
Visa on arrival is extendable up to 60 days.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
28 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Canada. This requirement may be waived off if Canadian citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa Required72-hour visit without a visa when in transit at Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Guangzhou, Guilin, Harbin, Kunming, Qingdao, Wuhan, Xi'an and Xiamen.
144-hours visit without a visa when in transit through Beijing Capital International Airport,
Visas for Canadian citizens are valid for up to 9 years and 11 months.
- Visa RequiredCanadian citizens who want to travel to Iran, need to do so with a fully organized tour. Applying for an Iranian visa without booking a complete tour from a local travel agency will result in getting rejected by the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). Tourists for Kish Island do not require a visa for a total of 14 days.
Information last updated on .