Visa Requirements for Bulgarian Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Bulgaria
Freedom of Travel
Bulgarian passport holders can travel to 30 destinations without a visa. Identify cards or passports may be required.
Visa Not Required
76 destinations allow visa-free entry to Bulgarian citizens.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 20 destinations for passport holders of Bulgaria.
- Visa On Arrival1 month1 month extendable for 2 additional months
Granted free of charge at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal, holding a telephone number, an address in Lebanon, and a non refundable return or circle trip ticket.
Bulgarian passport allows entry to 20 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 days30 days extendable once.
Visitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested a pre-visa from an Angolan consulate abroad are issued a visa upon arrival at the country's border crossings.
Maximum total stay of 90 days within a one-year period.
Visitors must have a return/onward ticket and a hotel reservation confirmation.
International Certificate of Vaccination required.
- eVisa28 dayseVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business purposes (allowed stay is 70 days).
- eVisa3 monthsInternational Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy must be paid upon requesting an Electronic Travel Authority.
Holders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Resident Return Visa may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival permitting indefinite stay (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements and obtaining an Electronic Travel Authority prior to departure.
- eVisa90 daysBulgarian citizens can enter South Korea as a short term visit (e.g., tours, visiting relatives or friends, attending simple meetings) up to 90 days without a visa, though you should remain aware of the quarantine requirements. You must also have an onward or return ticket. It is illegal to work on a tourist visa, whether as a teacher or in any other capacity.
You must be in possession of a Korea Electronic Travel Authorization (K-ETA) to enter Korea visa-free. You can complete your K-ETA application up to 24 hours before boarding your flight and it will be valid for two years from the date of approval. There is a small, non-refundable charge.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 17 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Bulgaria.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at Luangphabang, Pakse, Savannakhet and Vientiane international airports, the 4 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges,
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through Wattay International Airport and the First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge.
The Lalai, Lantui, Meuang mom, Pakxan, and Phoudou border crossings are open only to visa holders.
Visa on arrival is extendable up to 60 days.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
29 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Bulgaria. This requirement may be waived off if Bulgarian citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa Required24-hour visa-free transit through China (unless arriving in Fuzhou, Huangshan, Mudanjiang, Shenzhen or Yanji).
72-hour visa-free transit through Changsha, Guilin and Harbin.
144-hour visa-free transit through Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Jieyang, Kunming, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qinhuangdao, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Shijiazhuang, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen and Xi'an.
Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan count as third countries under the 24, 72 and 144-hours transit without visa (TWOV) policies.
All TWOV programs are currently suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Information last updated on .