Visa Requirements for Bulgarian Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Bulgaria
Freedom of Travel
Bulgarian passport holders can travel to 31 destinations without a visa. Identify cards or passports may be required.
Visa Not Required
75 destinations allow visa-free entry to Bulgarian citizens.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 16 destinations for passport holders of Bulgaria.
- Visa On Arrival1 month1 month extendable for 2 additional months
Granted free of charge at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal, holding a telephone number, an address in Lebanon, and a non refundable return or circle trip ticket.
Bulgarian passport allows entry to 18 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 daysVisitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested such pre-visa from the consulates of Angola abroad, are then issued with a visa on arrival at the country's border check points.
For a maximum total stay of 90 days within a one year period.
Besides having printed confirmation that a visa will be issued upon arrival, passengers must: have a return/onward ticket, and have a hotel reservation confirmation.
- eVisa28 dayseVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business purposes (allowed stay is 70 days).
eVisa / On Arrival
For 20 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Bulgaria.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival1 monthVisa on arrival available at Manas International Airport.
Electronic visa holders must arrive via Manas International Airport or Osh Airport or through land crossings with China (at Irkeshtam and Torugart), Kazakhstan (at Ak-jol, Ak-Tilek, Chaldybar, Chon-Kapka), Tajikistan (at Bor-Dobo, Kulundu, Kyzyl-Bel) and Uzbekistan (at Dostuk).
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at international airports Luangphabang, Pakse, Savannakhet and Vientiane, and at 4 land borders Friendship Bridge,
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through the following entry points — Wattay International Airport and the First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge
Entry points Lalai, Lantui, Meuang mom, Pakxan, and Phoudou are open only to visa holders.
Visa on arrival is extendable up to 60 days.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
32 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Bulgaria. This requirement may be waived off if Bulgarian citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa Required24-hour visit without a visa when in transit through China (unless arriving in Fuzhou Changle International Airport, Huangshan Tunxi International Airport, Mudanjiang Hailang Airport, Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport and Yanji Chaoyangchuan Airport).
72-hour visit without a visa when in transit through Changsha, Guilin and Harbin.
144-hours visit without a visa when in transit through Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Jieyang, Kunming, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qinhuangdao, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Shijiazhuang, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen and Xi'an.
Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan do count as third countries under the 24, 72 and 144-hours visa-free transit (TWOV) policies.
Information last updated on .