Visa Requirements for Australian Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Australia
Visa Not Required
101 destinations allow visa-free entry to Australian citizens.
- Visa-FreeAustralian citizens traveling on an Australian passport may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival entitling the holder to live, work and study indefinitely (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements.
May enter using eGate.
Electronic Travel Authority not required.
International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy not required.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 29 destinations for passport holders of Australia.
- Visa On Arrival1 monthVisa extendible for 2 additional months
Granted free of charge at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal, holding a telephone number, an address in Lebanon, and a non refundable return or circle trip ticket.
Australian passport allows entry to 18 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisa30 days30 days extendable once.
Visitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested a pre-visa from an Angolan consulate abroad are issued a visa upon arrival at the country's border crossings.
Maximum total stay of 90 days within a one-year period.
Visitors must have a return/onward ticket and a hotel reservation confirmation.
International Certificate of Vaccination required.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 18 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Australia.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at Luangphabang, Pakse, Savannakhet and Vientiane international airports, the 4 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges,
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through Wattay International Airport and the First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge.
The Lalai, Lantui, Meuang mom, Pakxan, and Phoudou border crossings are open only to visa holders.
Visa on arrival is extendable up to 60 days.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
26 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Australia. This requirement may be waived off if Australian citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa RequiredBecause of current in-place advisories in issuance, an approval for a 1-year visa to the Central African Republic should be obtained at the Consulate General of France.
Due to safety concerns, Australian government advises its citizens not to visit Central African Republic.
- Visa Required24-hour visa-free transit through China (unless arriving in Fuzhou, Huangshan, Mudanjiang, Shenzhen or Yanji).
72-hour visa-free transit through Changsha, Guilin and Harbin.
144-hour visa-free transit through Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Jieyang, Kunming, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qinhuangdao, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Shijiazhuang, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen and Xi'an.
Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan count as third countries under the 24, 72 and 144-hours transit without visa (TWOV) policies.
All TWOV programs are currently suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
30-day visa free access is available for Hainan Province when arriving by air at Haikou or Sanya or by sea at designated sea ports.
Hong Kong and Macau have separate immigration policies from the mainland.
Visas issued to Tourist Visa applicants are valid for entry within 90 days and validity of the visa begins on the day of first entry into China.
- Visa RequiredDespite permanent in-place travel advisories, a 24-hour transit visa is applicable upon arrival into Yemen.
Because of current in-place advisories in issuance, an approval for a tourist visa should be applied at the Consulate General of Yemen in Sydney.
Due to safety concerns, Australian government advises its citizens not to visit Yemen.
Information last updated on .