Visa Requirements for Australian Citizens
Visa Information for Passport Holders of Australia
Visa Not Required
107 destinations allow visa-free entry to Australian citizens.
- Visa-Free30 days30 days extendable once.
Visitors who have been granted an online pre-visa or have requested a pre-visa from an Angolan consulate abroad are issued a visa upon arrival at the country's border crossings.
Maximum total stay of 90 days within a one-year period.
Visitors must have a return/onward ticket and a hotel reservation confirmation.
International Certificate of Vaccination required.
- Visa-FreeIndefinitelyAustralian citizens traveling on an Australian passport may be granted a New Zealand Resident Visa on arrival entitling the holder to live, work and study indefinitely (pursuant to the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement), subject to meeting character requirements.
May enter using eGate.
Electronic Travel Authority not required.
International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy not required.
Visa On Arrival
A visa can be obtained upon arrival at 21 destinations for passport holders of Australia.
- Visa On Arrival1 monthVisa extendible for 2 additional months
Granted free of charge at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal, holding a telephone number, an address in Lebanon, and a non refundable return or circle trip ticket.
Australian passport allows entry to 25 destinations with an eVisa obtained prior to arrival.
- eVisaUp to 90 dayse-Visa holders must arrive via 26 designated airports
An Indian e-Tourist Visa can only be obtained twice in one calendar year.
Foreigners of Pakistani origin or who hold a Pakistani Passport are not eligible for an e-Visa. Foreigners who are not Pakistani nationals, but whose parents or grandparents (either paternal or maternal) were born in, or were permanent residents in Pakistan, are also not eligible for an eVisa.
eVisa / On Arrival
For 19 destinations, On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / auhtorization is available to passport holders of Australia.
- eVisa or Visa On Arrival30 daysVisa on arrival is available at Luangphabang, Pakse and Vientiane international airports, the 4 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges
eVisa may be used to enter Laos through Luangphabang, Pakse and Vientiane international airports, 3 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges
Visa on arrival is extendable for an additional 60 days at the Department of Immigration in Vientiane.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
20 destinations require a visa obtained at an embassy or consulate prior to arrival from passport holders of Australia. This requirement may be waived off if Australian citizens meet certain alternate requirements such as holding other visas or resident permits.
- Visa Required24-hour visa-free transit through China (unless arriving in Fuzhou, Huangshan, Mudanjiang, Shenzhen or Yanji).
72-hour visa-free transit through Changsha, Guilin and Harbin.
144-hour visa-free transit through Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Jieyang, Kunming, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qinhuangdao, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Shijiazhuang, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen and Xi'an.
Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan count as third countries under the 24, 72 and 144-hours transit without visa (TWOV) policies.
30-day visa free access is available for Hainan Province when arriving by air at Haikou or Sanya or by sea at designated sea ports.
Hong Kong and Macau have separate immigration policies from the mainland.
Visas issued to Tourist Visa applicants are valid for entry within 90 days and validity of the visa begins on the day of first entry into China.
Information last updated on .