Visa Requirements for United Arab Emirates
Instant Visa policy lookup for United Arab Emirates
Freedom of Travel
Passport holders of 5 countries have freedom of travel to United Arab Emirates. This often means there will be no limitation on the duration of stay, and no restrictions on activities such as volunteering, employment, or conducting business.
Visa Not Required
Passport holders of 87 countries can travel to United Arab Emirates without prior visa, eVisa, or on-arrival visa.
- Visa-Free30 daysThe visa issued at the airport for British passports holders is valid for 30 days – plus a 10 day grace period.
If you wish to stay longer, you may make a request with the Immigration Officer at the airport or contact the local General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs at least 3 days prior to the expiry date.
Visa On Arrival
Visa to travel in United Arab Emirates can be obtained at airports and other borders crossings for Passport holders of 5 countries.
Passport holders for 13 countries can obtain an electronic visa / authorization prior to arrival to travel to United Arab Emirates.
- eVisaAll types of Visas for UAE is issued online and not at the embassy.
Various types of Visas can be obtained online using "smart service" at https://smartservices.icp.gov.ae
eVisa can be obtained (30 days) at Etihad website https://uaevisas.etihad.com/echannels/web/client/etihad/index.html#/dashboard, regardless of which Airline(s) you have booked with, as long as you have a return flight booked with entry and exit through the same city.
eVisa can be obtained online if holding a booking from Emirates Airlines, Air Arabia or Fly Dubai tickets.
Visa can also be obtained through a licensed agent, which often allows for faster processing time. For visa options that do not involve a flight booking (Land) and agent will be required to apply for a visa online.
Transit visa is not required.
- eVisaPassengers on all international airlines may enter the United Arab Emirates for 96 hours after obtaining a transit visa at the airport. The time difference between the two flights must be over 8 hours and the passenger must continue to a third destination. Passengers also must have a hotel booking.
All travellers in transit are exempt from entry fees for the first 48 hours; this brief entry may be extended for up to 96 hours for a fee of Dhs50.
Visitors normally require a sponsor but visas can also be arranged online through an airline if they are arriving on Air Arabia, Air Astana, Emirates, Etihad (and Air Baltic and Air Serbia), flydubai, Turkish Airlines and Indigo Airlines.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
Prior to arrival at United Arab Emirates, passport holders of 119 countries must obtain a visa at their corresponding consulate of United Arab Emirates. Additional travel conditions (such as Visas to other countries) may waive this requirement.
- Visa RequiredHolder of valid US visa or green card which is valid for a minimum of 6 months can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 14 days for AED120 (subject to change). They can apply to extend their stay for an additional 14 days for AED250 (subject to change).
Indian passport holder with a valid UK or EU residence permit can also obtain a visa on arrival for 14 days, which can be extended.
Visitors normally require a sponsor but visas can also be arranged online through an airline if they are arriving on Air Arabia, Air Astana, Emirates, Etihad (and Air Baltic and Air Serbia), flydubai, Turkish Airlines, and Indigo Airlines.
May apply using 'Smart service'.
- Visa RequiredVisa on arrival for residents of the GCC member states for a maximum stay of 1 month
Electronic Visas online via www.ednrd.ae if residing in one of the 5 other GCC countries. Printed visa authorization must be presented at the time of travel
Obtainable online if arriving on Air Arabia, Printed visa authorization must be presented at the time of travel
Extensions of stay is possible up to a maximum stay of 3 months within 6 months for a fee
Iris scan taken upon entry
- Visa RequiredA 96-hour transit visa can be obtained on arrival at Dubai(DXB), provided:transit time is at least 8 hours; and holding onward ticket to a third country; and holding a passport valid for at least 6 months from date of arrival.
Pay Visa fee of 170 AED.
Visas are only issued as a part of a transit package together with hotel accommodation and airport transfer
- Visa RequiredMay apply online. Emirates Airline (Dubai) and Etihad Airways (Abu Dhabi) routinely provide this service. Entry is only valid on condition that travel is made with the airline where the online visa is applied for and ticket is issued.
Visa not required in advance if in possession of the Right of Abode in the United Kingdom with a Certificate of Entitlement in Commonwealth passport, may enter the Emirate of Dubai in the same way as a British Citizen.
- Visa RequiredA 96-hour transit visa can be obtained on arrival at Dubai (DXB), provided transit time is at least 8 hours; and holding onward ticket to a third country; and holding a passport valid for at least 6 months from date of arrival. Visa fee of 170 AED. Visas are only issued as a part of a transit package together with hotel accommodation and airport transfer.
May apply using 'Smart service'.
Information last updated on .