Visa Requirements for Taiwan
Instant Visa policy lookup for Taiwan
Visa Not Required
Passport holders of 1 country can travel to Taiwan without prior visa, eVisa, or on-arrival visa.
Passport holders for 1 country can obtain an electronic visa / authorization prior to arrival to travel to Taiwan.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
Prior to arrival at Taiwan, passport holders of 2 countries must obtain a visa at their corresponding consulate of Taiwan. Additional travel conditions (such as Visas to other countries) may waive this requirement.
Special conditions are impossed to passport holders of 1 country in order to travel to Taiwan. These special requirements are often more time-consuming and may not be granted to every traveler.
- Special RequirementsIf you meet the following conditions, you can apply for a 【Temporary entry and stay permit】 before departure online (online visa) or landing: (To enter Kinmen and Matsu, you must apply for a 【Temporary entry and stay permit】 before departure)
1) Intend to stay no more than 30 days
2) Permanent residents born in Hong Kong and Macau.
3) Those who were not born in Hong Kong or Macau who went to Taiwan as permanent residents of Hong Kong and Macau after 1983.
4) Hold a valid entry and exit permit (entry permit) for the Republic of China (Taiwan) applicable to Hong Kong and Macao residents.
If you apply for a【Temporary entry and stay permit】 online (online visa), you must use A4 paper to print it out by yourself, otherwise you need to apply for a 【Temporary entry and stay permit】 on arrival again (in Kinmen and Matsu, you will be refused entry)
This 【Temporary entry and stay permit】online (online visa) is valid for three months for a single entry (if using a cruise ship to enter Taiwan, it is two entries)
The application fee is free of charge before departure, and the landing application fee is NT$300.
To avoid the spread of COVID-19, all Hong Kong residents are not allowed to visit Taiwan from 7 February 2020, applicants should apply by desk at the representative offices of Taiwan and providing entry and departure records proving without travel records to the mainland China within 14 days if having special and emergency reasons.
Information last updated on .