Visa Requirements for Jordan
Instant Visa policy lookup for Jordan
Visa Not Required
Passport holders of 12 countries can travel to Jordan without prior visa, eVisa, or on-arrival visa.
- Visa-FreeConditions apply.
Border crossing prohibited via King Hussein/Allenby Bridge crossing for Israeli citizens.
Up to 2 days visa free entry from Yitzhak Rabin Crossing / Wadi Araba Crossing.
30 days visa free entry upon arrival from Jordan River Crossing and Queen Alia International Airport.
Visitors going through the Jordan River Crossing staying less than 3 days will have to pay a 40JD visa fee, otherwise the fee is 10JD.
- Visa-Free1 month holders of normal passport issued for residents of West Bank.
This does not apply to passengers whose passport ID starts with 00.
Residents of the Gaza Strip must obtain a “non-impediment” permit from the Jordanian government beforehand to enter Jordan, and obtain a 'special transit visa' when transiting.
Visa On Arrival
Visa to travel in Jordan can be obtained at airports and other borders crossings for Passport holders of 156 countries.
- Visa On Arrival6 monthsA free visa on arrival may be obtained only when travel is organised through an authorised tour operator in Jordan. The tour group must not consist of less than 5 people and there must be a minimum 2 night stay in Jordan. A return ticket must be presented to avail of this visa option.
All other passengers who are not travelling as part of a tour group may obtain a visa on arrival, subject to a fee. The visa on arrival has a maximum validity of 6 months.
Visa fees may be waived for those in possession of a Jordan Pass depending on the length of their visit to the kingdom.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
Prior to arrival at Jordan, passport holders of 61 countries must obtain a visa at their corresponding consulate of Jordan. Additional travel conditions (such as Visas to other countries) may waive this requirement.
- Visa RequiredVisa on arrival if having an official "Businessmen card" issued by Jordan or an official letter confirming the attendance to a conference or workshop.
Visa is not required only if holding residence permits issued by , A GCC Member States, Switzerland an EEA Member state, Australia, Canada , Japan, or a Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551) issued by the USA. The residence permit should be valid for a minimum of 6 months.
Visa on arrival if traveling for medical treatment for Female or Male older than 50 years and younger than 15 years.
- Visa RequiredIf you have residence in the United Kingdom, United States of America, European Union countries, Gulf States (not tourism or visit visa) valid for more than six months, then you can get your visa upon arrival to Jordan! except who intends to enter Jordan via the King Hussein Bridge crossing border, in this case, you should get visa in advance from any Jordanian consulate around the world
- Visa RequiredVisa on arrival can obtain only if holding residence permits issued by, a GCC Member States, Switzerland an EEA Member State, Australia, Canada, Japan, South Korea or a Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551) issued by the USA. The residence permit should be valid for a minimum of 6 mouths and they must hold a non-refundable return or circle trip tickets.
Information last updated on .