Visa Requirements for Egypt
Instant Visa policy lookup for Egypt
Visa Not Required
Passport holders of 10 countries can travel to Egypt without prior visa, eVisa, or on-arrival visa.
- Visa-Free90 days within 180 daysValid for 90 days within 180 days
Visa not required if arriving at Borg El Arab Airport in Alexandria, Hurghada Airport or Sharm El Sheikh Airport for South Sinai resorts on a charter flight
Visa not required if travelling as part of a tourist group that consists of at least 10 persons who hold a return ticket, booked accommodation and a signed guarantee letter from a travel agency
Visa not required for citizens under the age of 16 and over the age of 50
Visa not required for sons and daughters of citizens of Egypt
Visa On Arrival
Visa to travel in Egypt can be obtained at airports and other borders crossings for Passport holders of 62 countries.
- Visa On ArrivalAccording to Egyptian diplomatic missions in China, Chinese citizens can apply for a visa on arrival since 19 July 2016 and can stay for up 30 days. However, according to IATA, Chinese citizens are visa exempt for 30 days if they hold a return ticket, a reservation in a 4 or 5 star hotel, and US$2000.
Passport holders for 4 countries can obtain an electronic visa / authorization prior to arrival to travel to Egypt.
eVisa / On Arrival
On-Arrival visa or an electronic visa / authorization is available to passport holders of 48 countries to travel to Egypt.
Pre-arranged Visa Required
Prior to arrival at Egypt, passport holders of 104 countries must obtain a visa at their corresponding consulate of Egypt. Additional travel conditions (such as Visas to other countries) may waive this requirement.
- Visa RequiredPassengers with a residence permit issued by a GCC Member State can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 30 days. The residence permit must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the arrival date.
If travelling as a part of an organized tourist group that consists of at least 10 persons and holding both onward and return flight tickets, booked accommodation and a signed Letter of Guarantee (LG) from an Egyptian travel agency, a visa on arrival in Egypt can be obtained
Air transit passengers with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight to a third country within 48 hours do not need visas. Leaving the airport is permitted for passengers with transit time between 6 and 48 hours. Passengers with transit time of less than 6 hours may leave the transit area but not the airport; however, this exemption does not apply when transiting through Alexandria (HBE)
- Visa RequiredHolders of a residence permit issued by Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman or the United Arab Emirates, can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 30 days. The residence permit must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the arrival date. Must enter Egypt by air.
- Visa RequiredTransit Without Visa if Holders of onward tickets for a max transit time of 48 hours (up to 2 days), Leaving the airport is permitted for passengers with transit time longer than 6 hours. Passengers with transit time of less than 6 hours may leave the transit area but not the airport.
Special conditions are impossed to passport holders of 1 country in order to travel to Egypt. These special requirements are often more time-consuming and may not be granted to every traveler.
Information last updated on .